View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2003, 01:50 PM   #10
ravesholpulsar
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Re: My Review Of The New Mini Series

Quote:
Originally posted by dvo47p
This mini was called Battlestar Galactica, "to maintain the franchise" Bonnie Hammer in Cinemascape: http://www.cinescape.com/0/Editorial...e&obj_id=35364

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that the quote from Bonnie Hammer in Cinescape is something that should be accepted as a truthful statement?

My belief is that she made this statement about keeping the franchise alive when by franchise she meant the name. Updated or not, this mini series had nothing related to battlestar galactica except in name only.

I didn't mean to compare this mini against babylon 5. I only meant to explain that it reminded me of babylon 5's look and feel -- without the scope and scale and great storytelling ability.

I for one hope there are no more "remakes" "Reimaginings" "paying homage" or whatever wordy excuse untalented, unimagintive producers and writers like to use when re-creating ANYTHING. My personal belief is to tell them CREATE SOMETHING ON YOUR OWN and stop living off the successes of others. Television is the last place to be making a stand of originality, I know.

ANyway, perhaps we'll see Galactica one day with the awe and wonder it deserves.

Rich

ravesholpulsar is offline   Reply With Quote