Thread: Favorite films?
View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2003, 08:51 AM   #1
Rayvn

Default Favorite films?

When I was a kid, horror was my thing. I remember being in the first grade and just loving "Nightmare on Elm Street." Sure, watching it now, the film series is pretty cheesey, but it still spooks me in places because I remember how it made me feel when I was little.

Now, I'm into all kinds of movies from comedies to science fiction. However, my favorites are the types that make you really feel.

Example? "Requiem for a Dream." I felt a lot of hurt when I watched that movie, and not because I chose a bad time in my life to watch it, hah. Watching depressing movies when I'm depressed allows me to get out my emotions and I end up feeling a little better after.

Another example would be "Dancer in the Dark," staring Bjork (and I don't even like Bjork) who plays a woman who is going blind and trying to make enough money so her son will not have the same fate. Fantastic, fantastic movie.

My favorite movies of all-time are tough to list. The above would be included, along with "Donnie Darko," but I'm a big fan of all three (yes, all three) "Godfather" movies. I don't think I could name my favorite movie of all time, or even what would be in my top 10.

I'm a movie freak.