View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2011, 10:56 PM   #79
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Star Trek (next) JJ.A signs on, plot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut View Post
And it looks terrific. What I would have hoped to see in the last film.
Martok for DOP on the next film!
Most kind, Senmut. Thank you.
As it turns out, although it is a fan project, I am pretty much the visual effects guy for a project for friend of mine.

I've constructed (rather kitbashed, based off of my TOS Enterprise) several TOS era starships, largely based on Franz Joseph's Technical Manual...the scout/destroyer, the dreadnought, and the heavy tug. Also did the TOS shuttlecraft (and even did a hangar bay set), and am now working on the Klingon Bird of Prey. Yeah, for this project, we're going to have Klingon Birds of Prey, as well as K't'ingas.

lemme 'splain...no...there is too much....lemme sum up...

This project, whilst taking place in the TOS era, is largely borrowing a couple of elements from DS9 and from a video game called Star Trek Legacy.

From DS9, the element I'm borrowing is that the Klingon Battlecruiser was given hull detailing rather like what we saw in The Motion Picture...so, we're just going to stick with my K't'inga for the Klingon battlecruisers.

As for the Klingon Bird of Prey being in the TOS era, that's what I borrowed from the game Star Trek Legacy. There is a scenario in the game where the TOS era Enterprise is sent out to capture a prototype Klingon scoutship, the Klingon Bird of Prey.