COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Default Re: Star Trek (next) JJ.A signs on, plot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST View Post
The timeline divergence began with Vulcan's destruction. Prior to that, Nero and Spock had travelled back in time, from the future so that Nero could exact revenge on Ambassador Spock, for his apparent miscalculations regarding the supernova/black hole, which led to the destruction of Romulus. The film didn't state precisely when their actual appearances took place but, that was all preliminary. All essentially remained the same until Vulcan's destruction.

The following paragraph, from Wikipedia, summarizes it nicely:

As Nero tortures Pike to gain access to Earth's perimeter defenses, Kirk is stranded on Delta Vega after arguing against Spock's orders. Kirk encounters Ambassador Spock, who explains that he and Nero are from the future. The galaxy is threatened by a volatile supernova 129 years into the future. Spock intended to use the "red matter" to create a black hole to stop the supernova, but failed to stop the supernova's blast from destroying the planet Romulus, killing Nero's wife and family. The Narada attacked Spock's vessel, and both were caught in the event horizon of the black hole, sending them back in time. Nero captured Spock and stranded him on Delta Vega to watch Vulcan's destruction.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_(film)
No - the timeline diverges as Nero emerged from the singularity for the first time and destroyed the Kelvin and George Kirk. Then he went into hiding until Spock emerged, 20-some years later. Vulcan isn't destroyed until the end of the movie.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote