View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2006, 06:06 AM   #1
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Default Please keep some good thoughts going

Hi All,

Well, over the course of the last week and a half, my mother took a nasty fall (backwards off of some stairs onto concrete and managed not to break anything!) and I am now moving her to a senior facility. It has been quite the battle. She is somewhat willing and surprisingly my family is not complaining too much about my needing to move her (legally she is my responsibility.) However, I need to rent her house and have a brother with a history of "squatting" there. I was trying not to tell him about what was happening but mom freaked out. As a result, instead of me being able to pack her slowly and gracefully, he got involved and I had to keep him from raiding her belongings as if she were dead. It has been a much longer few days than it needed to be and I am behind in packing her things. At least he has been very pleasant, which actually scares me a little. We are moving her over the next few days and if he is going to squat, it will be now.

Please keep mom and I in your thoughts. Over the next few days I need to move her, keep my brother out of the house, get mom settled and visit her daily to help her make friends, and start packing the house. After that I have to rent it. I have a long battle ahead. Any good thoughts would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Dy
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote