View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2006, 05:48 PM   #14
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHurley
When did BG even start being considered "camp"? I never heard it called that until the Sci Fi series came around--and I just don't get the connection, either. What campy TV show depicts the annihilation of the human race (no doubt billions of souls) as well as a castmember or two as the series unfolds?

Campy my @ss!
JLHurley, you hit that right on the head. "Campy my @$$". I couldn't agree with you more. I didn't want to hit this one too hard (because it is an...ahem..."off limits" subject) but he is one who believes "another" show is just fantastic. He is entitled to his opinion of course. I've gone round and round with him on this but to no avail. Don't get me wrong, he is one of my best friends and we see alot of things in a similar light. But where CBSG is concerned, he knows how I feel about it. Lets just say my friend and I agree to disagree. No disrespect intended to anyone. And that is all I should say about this subject, if you know what I mean. (As he hopes he didn't cross any line...)

BTW your location under your avatar says Tucson. If I may ask, have you lived there very long? I have and Aunt and some Cousins who live in Marana. They used to live in Tucson proper decades ago. When I was growing up, we used to visit them during summer vacation in the early 70's. All I ever recall was that it was REALLY HOT! (Thank God for AC). Hey, take care and stay cool.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote