View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2005, 04:50 PM   #8
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125
BleSquad2001.....I would only ever encourage a Fleets member to explore artistic projects.....but aren't you worried that if you sell items like this....you're gonna be hit by a lawsuit ?

Then again at $400 I can understand it as more tempting. For the same $1,500 Sept17th could have 4 Cylons in his fanfilm !
No, I'm not. Worried about anything. The people that produce the cylon outfits do not own any copyrights nor do they own the right to produce or sell anything under the Battlestar copyrights. These are fan produced. And if anyone was going to be hit by lawsuit or threat thereof, it would not be me. It would be the ones charging Thousands of dollars to produce the outfits as well as create an entire web-site devoted to that end and advertise this to the entire globe. Larson or no one involved with ownership of Galactica ever see or realize a cent from one of these sales. Ernie, please stop mentioning lawsuits, you obviously do not know that all the merchandise out there for sale, models, props, suits, jackets, are NOT licensed. I'm a model maker small fry, so no one would target me, and I'm not stoppng here. And Ernie, all of this fan work just generates the popularity, even Larson has said that he enjoys seeing all the fan models and endeavors to keep the real Galactica alive. So either buy these and enjoy them, or like I always say, "do not" but if you want them, they are coming and alllthat you wish Galactica related, models, prop, anything, get them while they are here. No more about lawsuits please. You obviously do not know. Just buy the merchandise and enjoy it if you want to.