View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2005, 12:05 AM   #31
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezhdan
You know I've been thinking of getting this game for a couple of weeks, it's budget priced now at amazon. I suppose I should, I 've played plenty of other space fighter/sims, (Wing Commander, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter etc.) and enjoyed them... about the only thing that discouraged me from snagging this game when it was released was a couple of gamespot's critiques about the game being too difficult.

Particularly the target acquisition, cycling through enemies until you get the one you want... that sounds rather frustrating, but now I think I might just throw caution to the wind and just get the game.

Definately cool reading what other BSG fans think.
Fortunately they implemented a "primary target" button. When there is a threat you are informed about by Galactica or one of your fellow pilots, you can hold down TRIANGLE (default setting) to identify your PT's. If you are in any view mode other than first person HUD only, the camera will angle towards the PT in question.

Yes, the game is difficult. Some missions are fracking hard...others seem almost too easy.

I definitely recommend this game to all Galactica afficianados.
Respectfully,
Martok2112