View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2005, 07:45 PM   #3
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon
How many people have played this. Why i ask is it wasn't the game play that i purchased the game for, it was the story and cut scenes.

What did everyone think of this (somewhat TOS based) game?

For the record the Mark 2 was in the game and it shot lasers instead of bullets. To me it was a breath of fresh air compared to what we have now with GINO.

Thoughts on it?
Don -

I'm guessing that you're talking about the video game that came out a couple of years ago. It was actually a "prequel" kind of game - it took place while Adama was still a Lt. With the TOS sound effects for turbos and laser fire, it's like a dream come true. You get to fly a Viper and blow up Cylon Raiders - wahoo! The game isn't one that like an easy game to play - the AI is somewhat unpredictable and the "save game" points in the game are spaced pretty far apart. I think that the major difference during game play is the use of missiles - both the Vipers and Raiders have them.

It's a blast to play! I need to get my PS2 hooked up again (forgot about it after the move) and play BSG some more. It's frustrating, but cathartic at times!

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote