View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2005, 09:12 AM   #59
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
So true! I really don't understand this assumption that desire for a TOS continuation requires a belief that the principal TOS cast would have to be our leads in such a project. That's never been how I understood it, it was simply a desire to continue the storyline of this universe however many yahrens later it happens to be with enough TOS cast members in place to provide continuity and to clear up some loose ends from the past (Apollo and Sheba; Starbuck and Cassie) but to let a new group take center stage if that's what the best solutiuon is now that so many years have past.

In that respect, we were always willing to adjust to the realities of what existed the more years we became removed from TOS.

This is unfortunately one of the largest misconceptions about the wants and desires of the TOS folks. While I, personally, would love to see as many as possible *reprise* their roles, by no means do I want to see a *return to the '70's*. I have always looked at a possible continuation as one with a "next generation" feel to it. The original principals would still be there, if interested, and would be handing off to the next generation of warriors, etc.

The timeline would be continued (the "what happened to them" would be revealed) and, at the same time, new characters and adventures would be created. All would be well with the universe.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote