View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2005, 06:15 PM   #22
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I haven't said goodbye to Tom yet....

It's hard saying goodbye to all these people and yet one more...!

Tom - I'll miss the amazing artwork, I'll miss all the fun discussions regarding what Anime shows we have in common, I'll miss the introspective BSG chats we've had, but most of all, I will miss you....

You've been a good friend, you've been a good leader at times and you've been one of the most amazing people that I've met during my time at Fleets. It's not gonna be the same place without you, mate. Even though you can get someone else to admin the forum, you can't replace the person. There is a big hole where Tom used to be....

I don't know what else to say, this is so difficult and that's why it's taken me a few days to get it together, but I still don't feel like it's enough.

I would like to say something to everyone while I'm doing this. This website we hang out at, Colonial Fleets, it's more than a place to talk about Battlestar Galactica or SciFi, or whatever else. Most of all, it's a community. A place, where if you are lucky enough, you will make a connection with the people here and it will become your internet home away from home, not just a place to post your thoughts or play head games with one another.

We might come here because of a shared interest, but the reason for staying is the people that make up the membership. It's one of the things that keeps me around even though we have those ugly days, or have a fit about how someone isn't seeing eye to eye with you that afternoon. I've had a tantrum or two of my own and made mistakes modding from time to time, but even if I gave up the job part of it, I would never leave this place. I just couldn't.

I'm glad I'm a part of this place and I couldn't think of a better place or better people to spend my free time with.

Tom - we will all miss you very much and hope that you come back to your "family" one day...

Best regards always,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote