View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2005, 10:58 AM   #12
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

As far as "essential purchases", I don't have anything from the old days anymore.

I've got a personally autographed pic of Richard from a convention and I've been buying each of Richard's books as they came out. I've also been buying the reprints of the TOS novelizations (and re-reading them).

Soundtrack-wise, I guess that I got a bit crazy. I started off with the german re-release of the Stu Phillips soundtrack, but then I found the 4-disk Stu Phillips collection for BSG on eBay. I also bought the 25th Anniversary release and the Scottish Philarmonic (or something like that) version. After talking to Stu Phillips, I bought his biography - he told me that if I'm ever down in SoCal, to let him know and he would be happy to autograph it.

More recently, I bought the TOS DVD set, the BSG PS2 game (I even had to buy a PS2 to play it!). I've got the re-release models from Monogram (unbuilt) and I've been buying the Joyride display models as well - I'm just waiting on the Cylon Centurion to come in the mail.

I'm working on buying the Konami BSG miniatures when they come out next month. I also want to buy the statuettes and the 13-inch figures when those hit the shelves...

As far as eBay purchases - I recently bought a couple of scripts (I'm sure they're just copies) I bought the script for "Lost Planet of the Gods" and just this week, "Saga of a Star World".

Out of all that merchandise, it's 95 percent TOS-based, but that's where most of it is being marketed. as far as the SciFi/NBC version of Galactica, I have the soundtrack and the DVD for the miniseries.

It really is great that all this new merchandise is coming out - even though it's been over 25 years since the original series has gone off the air....

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote