View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #11
Jayworld
Warrior

Thumbs up

Having a lot of Battlestar collectibles, i.e. comics, books, toys, autographs, etc., I'd concentrate on the following:

Try to start a BG autograph collection. You'll treasure this for years. You can get the autographs on 8x10s (color or black/white, your choice), and I've had fellow collectors get DVDs signed, trading cards signed, books, etc. Here's what I have (perhaps to help you plan):

In person:
Anne Lockhart, Richard Hatch, Dirk Benedict, Herb Jefferson, Jr., Jack Stauffer, Laurette Spang, Kent McCord

Through the mail:
Richard Hatch, Dirk Benedict, Terry Carter, John Colicos (who wrote back a nice, brief letter), Noah Hathaway, Maren Jensen (an address that is no longer valid), Patrick MacNee

I have 8x10s signed, as well as a few books (Richard Hatch's books, and the two Maximum Press comics he wrote, also).

Makes for a fun and interesting hobby. Also, you might want to see if you can locate a copy of the rare Battlestar Galactica Encyclopedia. They go for over $50 bucks on eBay, but I got mine 5-6 years ago at a Half Price Bookstore, and have had Richard, Anne, Jack, and Herb sign it for me thus far.

Thanks,
Jay
Jayworld is offline   Reply With Quote