Thread: Potemkin's art
View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2004, 04:06 AM   #6
gmd3d
Major

Thumbs up

ernie90125: braxiss: martok2112.
thanks guys, ernie I don't mind any critisms at all, and I agree with you, the basestar is not great, no there, i say it, crap.

But its a start , I really need to get more RAM for my pc before I can progress. It takes hours for the pictures to render. In truespace.. in order for my computer to work, the meshes have to be in wire frame mode, so I am not quite sure what picture look like before it rendered.

and some times my PC runs out of memory (In RAM that is).
My main intrest is in the Galactica how does it look, does it have a sense of scale
and power.

I am not very good at adding the decals to the vipers or raiders:ie the markings
for the wings. it just does not work for me I not sure what im doing wrong? i need help here.

The Background images are cool too. If you have not checked out Andrews site. you should, it all startrek and the images are fantastic. you can down load meshes from there also.

http://www.startrekaustralia.com/

again thanks, I have more pictures in minded, and i will be starting them in the new year (this is my Busiest time of the year in work) and once i have more RAM.
I am going do a series of pictures chronicling the events in the TOS, so between writing my first fanfic and script, looking into the animation project, and an older project with westy, and rendering. life etc etc I am a very busy.
I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote