View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2004, 08:38 AM   #6
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Basically, they took the end titles theme, and slapped it on the opening sequence. Not that that is a bad thing...cause it is not. I love the end titles score just as well.

It calls to mind a special redux of the Deep Space Nine theme (with beautiful guitar solo), and if anyone has the Star Trek III soundtrack, James Horner did an incredible uptempo suite of ST III. (also replete with a decent guitar solo).

I actually did not mind the "Faith of the Heart" song for Enterprise. I thought it was a welcome change.

In this new sequence, I have to admit, I liked how Scott Bakula made the "Final Frontier" monologue sound more like a launching speech. My only problem with it is that NOW it concludes with -- aah...I ain't gonna spoil it...just take a listen and form your own opinions. (I will elaborate no further on my feelings about it....for it is a MINOR irk....and there is no need to raise hackles over so minor a concern. )

The special effects were just OMG beautiful. And it is because of such beautiful effects on the small screen that my disappointment for many of the TNG movies that had come out (with the exception of NEMESIS) had resonated within me. Lately, it has become hard to determine just what is small screen and what is big screen anymore.

Now, dammit, give us our Captain Sulu and Excelsior movie.

Respectfully,
Martok2112