View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2004, 08:54 PM   #19
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
My favorite episode was teh one where the city lights at teh end spelled Sayonara (goodbye). Oh man was that brutal. But it was really well written.
Tom -

Was that the infamous Episode 19 that you referred to earlier? I hadn't seen that one yet when you asked, but I had seen a bit of it in the RahXephon movie. It was so tragic that Ayato was pledging to keep Asahina safe, but wound up killing her instead.....really hard to watch! If you need some refreshing on the series, I found an English RahXephon website with all the details:

http://www.escaflowneonline.com/rahxephon/

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
American shows seem so unimaginative to me now.
Tom - I know what you mean....! The stories, characters and the artwork are more than enough to entertain me. There are evenings where I will pop in one of my rented anime DVDs instead of watching American network television. I think that we are getting spoiled watching what is some excellent programming. I don't think that the Japanese know how good they have it! It's like the difference between reading pulp fiction and a well written novel. Even if some of the more esoteric concepts escape me at times, I'm still having a ball watching!

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote