View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2004, 06:58 AM   #18
BRG
Warrior

Cool ***

I good wee episode, 3 out of 5.

At last, we have an episode that developes a major character, and opens up his back story! Apart from a few hints about characters past's(Boomer stole hovercars, Apollo studied law, and Cassie was involved with Cain) this was the only episode that really opened up a character. In learning Starbuck's past, it somehow makes the brash, fearless fighter pilot more believable, and more likeable! And although it seemed too big a coincidence that Chameleon turned out to be his old man, it was still a touching moment when he finds out Starbuck is his son, but chooses to hide the truth to prevent Starbuck throwing away his career, and instead remain as buddies. Nice scene.

Great to see Fred Astaire! He gave a fine perormance as the lovable old chancer. and was always a likable character, even when you thought he was using Starbuck just to escape the Nomen. I thought Astaire & Benedict played off each other well, I loved the final line when Starbuck askes Chameleon if he's sure his card system doesn't work, and Chameleon replies "Positive......Unless you cheat"! Adama's reaction summed it up perfectly!
BRG
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote