View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2004, 05:10 PM   #11
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
Hi Twixter!!!!

Welcome to Fleets!!!!

i'm one of the old fans too. I think most fans really like this show cause it had alot of heart. ABC did alot of things wrong, but they paid alot of money to get the best personel they could get. The actors are great and the series special effects were the best TV had ever seen. Probably the best quality effects until the Star Trek Next Generation with its computer generated effects.

Battlestar's major faults come from the rush speed ABC forced out of it. They believed at the time that the Star Wars phenomenon was a quick fad, and they wanted to catch the bandwagon before it ended. So they rushed BG. The show never had time to prepare for a new series. When Richard Hatch began filming his scenes, his name was Captain Skylar! The show was so rushed, that stories sometimes had to be written practically overnight. Some dialog for scenes werent finalized until AFTER the scene was shot. And of course they didn't have the time (or money) to keep up the effects of the original pilot, so they recycled footage.

Most of us forgive those faults, cause they weren't the show's fault. It was ABC causing it.

And one major factor we like the show better is cause it felt the epicness of the devastation of the colonials. You saw the fleet go to pieces. You saw people running for their lives as raiders bombarded the cities. And you saw a crew in pain grieving for their lost worlds. The nobility you see come out of that is no less true than the nobility you see of firemen who when the World Trade Center was hit ran UP into the building. Its that kind of mentality that the old show captures. And why people love it.

The core of the show was the how the best of what we will survive under horrible devastation. Family, Courage, Heroism, Self Sacrifice.

Its a romantic optimistic view.

That's the TYPE of VIEW I like! Like I said before to Aaron .....
I'm holding out for HOPE
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote