Old August 22nd, 2004, 04:10 PM   #9
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
Hello Twixter welcome to Fleets

by way of intro and explanation...

Most of us here at fleets saw TOS as children filled with wonder and excitement and awe. We fell in love with it and our love for the show has carried through all these years. TOS captured a time of innocence in our lives were the distinction between good and evil were clearly delineated as it is to a child. The bad guys were evil and the good guys were noble and heroic. TOS told the story of an epic battle between humans and machines where the struggle for human survival came perilously close to the edge of human extinction. Against all odds the more valorous part of human nature prevailed and together they set out on an epic journey through space and spiritual discovery in pursuit of their lost tribe, and a new world.

It was told in a romantic, fairytale like way that captured our imaginations and our hearts. We feel loyalty towards TOS because it set a standard of human conduct that many of us used as a guide to live by (friendship, family, honour, faith) it has come to define who we became as people, hence the reason why some of us take it so much to heart and personally.

This is how I feel about it, but having said that I did enjoy the mini although like many here I too wish they had given it a different name it would have eliminated a lot of hurt and anger for many.
Well said Rowan!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote