Old August 12th, 2004, 05:56 PM   #21
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Martok the Guinea Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 14th Colony
Here is it, the third act of the 14th Colony Survey series. Mixed in are some questions requiring simple answers, and a few that ask for deep thought. None of them ask for a “Duh, that’s so obvious” response. Like the prior surveys, please copy and paste the questions to your message, so people don’t have to look back at the original questions when they read your answers. Thanks. I hope you enjoy this one.

C) Holding hands. A hug and holding hands are probably the two most sustainable forms of affection between two people on an emotional level...but I would have to say that holding hands is the most viable of the two. (It's not quite so smothering either.)

C) Hatred, intolerance, and indifference. Because once you eliminated this, I think the other two choices would fall into play a lot easier.

Well.....some of our hatred, intolerance, and indifference has subsided much over the last few centuries. However, it is going at a relatively slow crawl...so it will be a lot more time before we actually attain true enlightenment to the level of Star Trek's future. Now, impositions on society like "political correctness" are part of what's really holding us back. It is because of this imposition by "bleeding hearts" that gives the rest of us a serious indignation. We do NOT need to be told how to be polite to someone else. Politeness is a state of mind and action, not a manifesto of behavior.

I never got to see your first to surveys, but I feel the same as I always have.

Well, considering that I live by myself...I have no loved ones to take with me. As for what I would take?
1. My computer. It is the loom upon which I weave my dreams, desires, and other such lofty descriptions of creativity. (To paraphrase Sting.) It is also my most constant means of communication.
2. My Playstation 2 with it's complete gear. It is the only other form of entertainment I have.
3. Any hardcopy pictures of my friends and family. Those are IRREPLACEABLE!

Certainly not "Farenheit 9/11". That movie just shows that Miichael Moore is as pompous an ass as the politicians he tries to "blow the cover" on.

Now for a real answer:
I cannot answer in the way of books really, simply because I mostly read mainstream sci-fi, or fanciful fiction like Harry Potter. However, if I were to pick the Harry Potter series as an impact on children worldwide...Children have a Hero that they can look up to. In the end, Harry always does the right thing, often at great personal sacrifice. No truer friend hath a man then he who would lay down his life for another.

INDEPENDENCE DAY-- Many people might pan that movie, but I thoroughly loved it. It is exactly the kind of story I like to write...about the world coming together to fight a common foe. Putting aside our petty differences to defeat the single greatest threat to the human race. I guess that's part of why I wrote "Battlestar Galactica: Dark Exodus"

Food: Lasagna-- HANDS DOWN! Favorite drinks: Non-alcoholic: Dr.Pepper Alcoholic: TEQUILA!

In no particular order:

1. The Harry Potter series of movies
2. The Star Wars movies
3. The Star Trek series
4. Heartbreak Ridge
5. Spinal Tap
6. Rob Roy
7. Blazing Saddles
8. Independence Day
9. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
10. The Frisco Kid

1. Star Trek (Deep Space Nine over all the other Treks)
2. Classic Battlestar Galactica
3. New Battlestar Galactica
4. NYPD Blue
5. Law and Order (Original and SCU)
6. Judging Amy
7. South Park
8. The Simpsons
9. M.A.S.H.
10. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

1. Worf of TNG/DS9
2. Seven of Nine of Voyager
3. Judge Amy Gray
4. The entire M.A.S.H. unit througout the run of their show.
5. Willow of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (As well as Alyson Hannigan herself as an actress and a person)
6. Captain Jean-Luc Picard
7. Captain Apollo (both)
8. Lt. Starbuck (both)
9. Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
10. Cordellia from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (rarely watched Angel)

Jim Carrey, HANDS DOWN. I did not like him at all at first. But I would have to say that the movie that ultimately turned me around, and made me a fan of his was "Liar! Liar!"

I have always been told that I have the demeanor (physically and aspect wise) of Han Solo. A friend of mine from a long time ago said I ran EXACTLY like Han Solo did. And, in my NJROTC unit in high school. everyone started using /or assigning Star Wars names to the cadets. I found it flattering that everyone unanimously gave me the name Han Solo. and I didn't even know of their little Star Wars kick at the time...because I spoke my mind about the lackadaisical way the unit was ran, and preferred to keep on the outer periphery of things, the way Han did with the Rebellion in Episodes IV and V. They also attributed it to my rather rogue leadership style...keeping in general decorum, but going my own rough cut way.

Getting Drunk.

Scottish......If it ain't Scottish, it's Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrap!

LOL! First, I would freak! And then, if I did look hot....I'd probably feel myself up. But then, I'd want to go back to being a guy, because I don't relish the idea of kissing a guy.

The next two won't be simple. These are the ones you really have to contemplate...

There have been many instances where I have had to shut out the pain in my mind. Most especially as a singer. I had incurred quite a bit of pain after a nite of drinking a whole bottle of Monte Alban Tequila in 90 minutes. The next day, I had the hangover from Hades...and I was in a lot of pain. A LOT. And I had to perform. I had to put the pain, and the sluggishness out of my mind as best I could. Well, I did manage to perform at about 90%....but I had slight hindrances.

In my younger days, as a soldier in the US Army, my platoon was playing "flag football". (The command staff wouldn't let us play full contact.) I had fallen at one point, and hurt my leg pretty darned bad. I sat out for about a quarter, and then hobbled back onto the field. My platoon sergeant was incredulous, and she asked me: "Dunlap,. what do you think you're doing?!" I replied: "I want revenge, Sarge." with a rather determined look in my eye. She stepped aside most gingerly, and let me back in the game. I played the rest of the game, forgetting about my injury. By the time all was said and done, the one story that was circling around the entire barracks for the next two days was how a lowly PFC like me intimidated our Special Forces First Sergeant. Throughout the game. (Not my Platoon Sergeant...my First Sergeant!)

Nope. Enjoyment is a purely emotional thing. If I were to sit down and analyze it...what would be the point?

I have always believed that the whole money factor probably started out as simple compensation for services rendered from one person to another. Eventually, gold and its values came into play, and thus became a bargaining chip to acquire services, or perhaps for one to offer better services than they would normally provide....and in turn, such monies would get them what they need. I think, in time, money became a vicious cycle. Ultimately, he who had the gold, made the rules.

Sometimes, I think that if humanity as a whole were to rebel against economy (don't ask me how, or who'd be crazy enough to do it), then perhaps everyone else would see the light of such perceived madness....and then, people would start doing things for others, simply for their own personal growth (not GAIN...growth) as a human being.

For now though, it is the monetary currency of the world that makes it go round. A sad statement, but an immutable truth.

Now...where do I get paid for taking this survey?

Respectfully,
Martok2112 Just put the money here--------.>
P.S. I did copy and paste the questions...but I had to delete them to fit the answer into the character limits of the post.

Last edited by martok2112; August 12th, 2004 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: Addendum..in the endum
martok2112 is offline   Reply With Quote