Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Merchandise & Memorabilia (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Heads up on a BG miniature vendor (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9915)

jewels March 22nd, 2005 08:16 PM

Heads up on a BG miniature vendor

Just wanted you all to know that if you've pre-ordered the 3" Japanese miniature TOS BG ship set from Action-hq.com that most likely your credit card has been charged even though the miniatures aren't releasing until April 10. Their help desk claims it's standard for them to charge pre-order customer's cards 1 month before shipping.

I don't remember that being spelled out in their order policy, and I've called my credit card company so they have that charge flagged for a potential dispute if this company doesn't ship the items so they arrive about 10 days after that release date. Anyone else that placed an order may wish to do the same.

:salute:
Jewels

Darrell Lawrence March 22nd, 2005 08:32 PM

*in best Herman Munster sarcastic voice towards Action-HQ*

Oh goodie.

kingfish March 23rd, 2005 05:48 AM

Ancient Chinese proverb:

If you don't know who they are, don't give them your credit card info.

Kingfucius :D

Darth Marley March 23rd, 2005 06:52 AM

Dell does the same thing, it is just for a few days though instead of a month.

repcisg March 23rd, 2005 09:40 AM

Sounds like the old Osborn trick, get the money to buy the matirials to make the product then ship it.

StarshipTrooper March 24th, 2005 12:20 PM

Hi,

30 days is the maximum legal limit. If a merchant charges more than 30 days before shipment, it is illegal and a breach of their agreement with the credit card company, and they are required to offer you a refund. Thanks for the alert, BTW. I was thinking about picking up the miniatures as well.

Regards,

Nathan

:warrior:

Gunstar Aries March 26th, 2005 06:13 AM

Jewels,

Thanks for that heads-up. Something to keep in mind....

julix March 27th, 2005 08:10 AM

test

Do not reply a test only

Ninja April 6th, 2005 07:13 PM

I live in Australia and I just got my set through. I'm dissapointed to say the least. From the piccies and the write up, I assumed they would at least be metal. They are cheap plastic things that look like they should of come free with something from McDonalds :(
Not to mention the fact that customs opened every single box so if I was a true collector, the value just dived.
Anyone else who got the set, what do you think?

Gemini1999 April 6th, 2005 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja
I live in Australia and I just got my set through. I'm dissapointed to say the least. From the piccies and the write up, I assumed they would at least be metal. They are cheap plastic things that look like they should of come free with something from McDonalds :(
Not to mention the fact that customs opened every single box so if I was a true collector, the value just dived.
Anyone else who got the set, what do you think?

Ninja -

The plastic was to be expected. I have some of the UFO, Thunderbirds and Space:1999 Konami toys. They are pretty simple, but nicely done. The price is pretty much reflective of the limited availability.

If you want something a bit bigger and more satisfying for the money, I would order the Joyride Colonial Viper, Raider and Centurion....you won't be sorry!

Cheers,
Bryan

jewels April 12th, 2005 12:49 PM

Hey,
Those folks from Hong Kong came through and I do like the miniatures. I wish they'd sold the entire set as a group though (there was a gold centrurion listed on the box that wasn't offered by Action-HQ.com) Oh, I don't recommend ordering from them if you want an unopened box however. Either they had to open them to ascertain which toy was in which box or the customs folks went snooping.

Satisfied customer, though I still think they have cashflow issues.

Jewels

jonahlee April 15th, 2005 05:25 PM

The Question is when does the Joyride Colonial Viper come out? I have the Cylon Raider and the Cylon, but the one I really wantis the Viper! Anyone heard when this comes out?

Gemini1999 April 15th, 2005 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonahlee
The Question is when does the Joyride Colonial Viper come out? I have the Cylon Raider and the Cylon, but the one I really wantis the Viper! Anyone heard when this comes out?

Jonahlee -

The Viper came out the same time the Raider and the Centurion came out. It's also the hardest one to find. I got mine from eBay at a very reasonable price.

Best,
Bryan

jonahlee April 20th, 2005 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemini1999
Jonahlee -

The Viper came out the same time the Raider and the Centurion came out. It's also the hardest one to find. I got mine from eBay at a very reasonable price.

Best,
Bryan

I saw it was supposed to but couldn't find it anywhere so I was wondering. Hmm. Wonder when the new ones will come out, I wouldn't mind the Blue Squadron on either.

jeditemple April 25th, 2005 07:29 AM

Here's a review on the new 12" figures. Looks like the quality is a bit under Sideshow's offerings... Not sure if I'm going to get these yet.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_042505a.htm

jonahlee April 25th, 2005 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeditemple
Here's a review on the new 12" figures. Looks like the quality is a bit under Sideshow's offerings... Not sure if I'm going to get these yet.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_042505a.htm

Hmm yea, that Apollo doesn't look like Richard Hatch to me at all.

TopGun April 25th, 2005 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemini1999
Jonahlee -

Best,
Bryan

I got mine before I got my raider, from a shop in town

jeditemple April 28th, 2005 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonahlee
I saw it was supposed to but couldn't find it anywhere so I was wondering. Hmm. Wonder when the new ones will come out, I wouldn't mind the Blue Squadron on either.

Just saw the new Vipers over at Joyride Studios... SWEET.

TopGun May 4th, 2005 12:28 PM

Yeah they are cool