Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   I've finally found you! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17260)

tripleasg October 15th, 2009 04:21 PM

I've finally found you!

My name is Andrew, and I'm really glad to be part of this community!:thumbsup:

I never new that there were so many devoted fans!
I, like many of you, have loved BG since I was a little kid.
I haven't watched the new series... mostly because Starbuck is a girl... a very attractive girl. Well, it seemed kind of weird to me. I Never gave it a chance

I actually reignited my enthusiasm when I saw an episode on "retro-tv" RTV. A station that comes out of Prescott, AZ. I live in the PHX area. It was the "Count Ibly" episode with the brite lights. Anyway since then I got on line and started looking for the DVD collections, collectibles and costumes. and I stumbled across this forum.

I recently got a new colonial warrior uniform. I'm looking for a laser gun and holster set up and boots. Something reasonable but fairly accurate. I also think it would be cool to have a helmet that lights up, does anyone do those?

I have been a part of the "Brotherhood of the Bat" and it's very taboo to talk about buying or selling in the forum. So it's understandable if you feel a little wary about my collectors enthusiasm.

I've got a lot of Star Wars, Batman, Harry Potter, collectibles. I have a wholesale account with Rubies costumes and Master replicas. My wife is cautiously supportive of my "new found interest". I tell her it's more like a long lost love.:D

Well I'm glad to be here! :)

Darrell Lawrence October 15th, 2009 04:38 PM

Re: I've finally found you!

We have a costuming area on the forums, as well as a collectibles area. Check 'em out, and welcome!

Kronus October 15th, 2009 05:45 PM

Well allow me to say "WELCOME" fellow warrior!

I am Kronus and one of the costumers here as well. Check out our group in my signature...we are huge CF supporters and even bigger original BSG fans.

Just FYI, it is a taboo to talk about the "other" show here so just to give you a heads up...only the original BSG discussions on CF.

I look forward in chatting with you soon and stop by our costuming section here at CF and at our Proboards too for more costuming ideas.

jewels November 5th, 2009 05:50 PM

Welcome! It's fun to find others that love what you loved, isn't it? :D

Reaper November 5th, 2009 06:41 PM

Welcome Tripleasg!

You have found a great group of people! this site has a little of everything, including costuming information and collectibles.

Drop by the costuiing subsection. I have a tutorial for putting together a Gunbelt, and If I can suggest you look up the Ebay user Wilcomodels for a laser kit. You won't be disappointed.

And as Kronus stated, He and I are members in a Classic BSG costuming group. We'd love to see you over there as well. :)

And no matter what, pics of your costume man!!! PLEASE!!! lol

BST November 13th, 2009 03:36 PM

Tripleasg,

Welcome to the Fleets!!

Echoing the words of the others who posted before me, enjoy yourself.

:)

STARRBUCKK November 13th, 2009 07:35 PM

i've been messing around with the FTL system and installed one on my Viper
and been gone for a long time but i'm back to tell you dudes all about it!:salute:

Kronus November 13th, 2009 09:02 PM

STARRBUCKK...are you still in San Diego? If so, do you enjoy a good fumarello? Monolith21, CBSGForever and I are right here in the San Diego area...there are probably a few more but hey...lets get together...man I feel a Killer Pizza from Mars episode coming on...what do you say Monolith?!

monolith21 November 14th, 2009 02:12 PM

I say when because I know where! It would be great to have a get together. Welcome Tripleasg! This place is truly a blessing for all of us. Now quick...lets see that uniform of yours!

eFX should be taking preorders for their Viper helmet soon with a delivery date some time in spring. Of course take delivery dates with a grain of salt.

STARRBUCKK November 14th, 2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronus (Post 295189)
STARRBUCKK...are you still in San Diego? If so, do you enjoy a good fumarello? Monolith21, CBSGForever and I are right here in the San Diego area...there are probably a few more but hey...lets get together...man I feel a Killer Pizza from Mars episode coming on...what do you say Monolith?!

I'm affraid i won't be able to join at the moment, you see i'm not really on earth yet? you see my FTL got jammed and i'm still stuck out here don't know how is it my e-mail works.:wtf:

tripleasg November 15th, 2009 08:23 PM

Well, I sure appreciate the warm welcome!
I'll get some pics up this week!
I put together a gun belt... it's not spot on, but it'll do, for now.
Bill at Wilco hooked me up with a great laser!
and I got a holster from katara on ebay...
It's ok, but not shaped as clean and straight as I would've liked.
my gun and the recharge cylinders need to be painted but I think they're great!
Truly, I almost like the laser better the dark gunmetal gray than the dark black.
Any thoughts? I will paint the handle regardless.
I'll get some pics up quick.:salute:

Reaper November 16th, 2009 03:59 AM

Personally, I say paint it lol, but you can find a good grey color to go with. If nothing else, I've been tempted to do one as a gunmetal worn down version. Sort of a lost pistol recovered from within the fleet.

As for the holster, if you have a heat gun, or a hair druyer, you can reform the holster around the pistol. I have done this to a Katarra Holster before. It works great. The hairdryer would require more time to heat the plastic, but it should work.

Definately post pics my friend! looking forward to seeing them!

Kronus November 16th, 2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STARRBUCKK (Post 295205)
I'm affraid i won't be able to join at the moment, you see i'm not really on earth yet? you see my FTL got jammed and i'm still stuck out here don't know how is it my e-mail works.:wtf:

Well if you would have stuck with the original viper you would not be having this issue...LOL!

Well let us know when you are around so we can set up a meet up time and throw down some Killer Pizza from Mars, fumarellos and ales.

tripleasg November 22nd, 2009 01:31 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well, I finally took some pics of my uniform.
Please don't be critical as I am still reading and realizing the details involved in making something "canon."
My gun needs to be painted and the end cap glued.
My gun belt is not the right belt and my recharge cylinders are not painted and placed yet.
my boots are just black boots.... I'm looking for the right ones to show up on ebay.
This is what I have so far.
And this is my "Boxy"

Lara December 7th, 2009 04:43 AM

Hey no criticism here.. a work in progress is still a very good thing!

I think your 'Boxey" has got the measure of the game and knows what a blaster is for.. but he needs a Muffit.

Pity someone hasn't put a pattern up for a static one. Would be great addition to the family.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Lara

Athene December 7th, 2009 04:21 PM

Very nice uniform photos tripleasg! :salute: