Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Message From Martok (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11854)

martok2112 September 22nd, 2005 01:09 AM

Message From Martok

A video message for the Galactica community, from this ol' Klingon.

http://thomas7g.com/MessageFromMartok.wmv

Respectfully,
Martok2112 :salute: :Nsalute:

amberstar September 22nd, 2005 04:05 AM

((((((Steve)))))))) :rose:

Your message touched my soul....I can't begin to express how good it is to see that you are safe.
I know life is full of uncertain times, but you have an inner strength and courage that is beyond words!

From the bottom of my heart I truly am greatful for our friendship.
It is easy to see why sis and I call you" Starbuck". By chance if you make it to this lovely state you have a friend here, who will help you any way I can. I love you sweetie!

:heart: :heart:

BST September 22nd, 2005 04:29 AM

Wonderful message, Steve. :)

Take care of yourself, first and foremost; everything else will work itself out.

:)

If there's anything you need, my good friend, just ask.

:salute: :Nsalute:

Pete

Titon September 22nd, 2005 04:31 AM

Great post Steve. It is us that are grateful for your friendship.

Duluth is a pretty nice place. Like i said i'm only about 80 miles south of you.

If you are of need of anything else just give a yell, my window is open and i otta be able to hear that Klingon scream from here.

;)

Sept17th September 22nd, 2005 04:47 AM

Dude, good to see you live, well, healthy and such. Enjoy the new camera...go fan film! So you do some acting? The wife and I look forward to seeing you live next sunny spring in the Big Easy.

Dawg September 22nd, 2005 07:33 AM

Cool, bro. Very cool.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

julix September 22nd, 2005 07:34 AM

My Starbuck!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to see ya hun..........awwww so touching. I was so worried about you and glad you are safe.........I see Rita out there and feel uncertain for everyone that may be in that storms's way. I pray it will spare everyone the misery that has already happened! My offer still stands hun.......anything I can do.....you call on me. You are a wonderful friend and an amazing person........I loved the video message. :love: I know people focus on the negative of our community at times...........but there is real concern, a sense of family and friendship here too. :salute:

susumuimua September 22nd, 2005 09:04 AM

Great post Steve and thank you for the post. It lets us all know you are safe.
Hang in thar my friend and anything I can do.....just ask. :Nsalute: :salute: :colonial: :bg04:

Jesse

martok2112 September 22nd, 2005 11:54 AM

Thanks, everyone.

I figured the best way to test out my new camera was to send a video message to all my Galactica family. :)

Amberstar, Titon, BST, Julix, Honorable Susumuimua, thank you all again for your offers of help. I pray I never need call upon those offers. (Although I will most likely be headed back to WV for a few days while this new hurricane threatens the Gulf Coast....so Amberstar, if anything, I hope we get to meet.) :)

Titon, I might be leaving Monday to go to WV. Be cool if we could meet before I left. :D

Sept.17th, if you and your wife come down to the Big Easy next spring, and I am still there performing...the first round's on me. :) I would love to see you all.

I just found out that my camera (which kicks much more astrums than some reviews would let on), has a cool nightvision mode. I took some experimental pics with my videocam (yeah, this cam does both stills and video) with EXTREMELY minimal light conditions...we're talking just the light coming from a digital clock in my room, and the light coming from my door's peephole, and my camera puts out a little light with a couple of dim red lights up front. And I could NOT believe how much I could see in near total darkness with my camera. It was like Splinter Cell. :D

And an idea had occurred to me. If I was able to shoot a fanfilm version of Dark Exodus, I could use the nightvision mode to show the POV of the Earth's Space Excursion Forces as they board the seemingly derelict Galactica in orbit over earth as they travel through her very dim corridors. :D

But I do know that if all goes well, when I return to NOLA, I plan on doing at least a small, quick fanfilm. Something similar to what Charybdis did recently. (It will be a great way to put my Viper and Raider to use.)

And DAMN, I wish I had those miniature models that came out recently for the Galactica, Basestar, Pegasus, Atlantia, Viper, Raider, and Silver and Gold Centurions. The clarity of this camera for up close objects is such that I could probably make the small capital ships look pretty fracking big. :D

Thanks all again. It is comforting to know I have such wonderful friends...many of whom I've never even met face to face. (But at least now, many of you know what ol' Martok looks like) :D

All my best to all of you,
Martok2112 (Steve)

Tabitha September 22nd, 2005 12:42 PM

Welcome home. You dont know me, yet at least I guess. But I have heart felt thanks and prayers for you and your loved ones. Im sorry I didnt respond sooner, had some stuff here at the ER to take care of, but I do care, and my bestest wishes are with you sweety.

tabitha

martok2112 September 22nd, 2005 01:27 PM

Thank you, Tabitha. :) ((((((((((((((((((TABITHA))))))))))))))))))

I salute your service to the medical field. :salute: :Nsalute:

And it is nice to get to know you. :)

Respectfully,
Martok2112

Tabitha September 22nd, 2005 02:19 PM

You just made my day... you just have no idea, you couldnt possibly know...
thank you, that meant more to me than you will EVER know.
It was just a bad one today. Your post was my sunshine today thanks

*Hugges*

tabbi

martok2112 September 22nd, 2005 03:23 PM

:) Glad to be of service, Tabbi.

tracyb144 September 22nd, 2005 11:23 PM

Oh man that was a wonderful message Steve. Thanks so much for that.
That camera rocks by the way :thumbsup:
Next time though..I want you to sing ;)

martok2112 September 22nd, 2005 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracyB
Next time though..I want you to sing

I shall have to do that next time :D

julix September 23rd, 2005 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyb144
Oh man that was a wonderful message Steve. Thanks so much for that.
That camera rocks by the way :thumbsup:
Next time though..I want you to sing ;)

Good Call Tracy!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Please :)

amberstar September 23rd, 2005 06:42 PM

Let me know when you might be coming and where you'll be staying, and I'll be there :D

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))