Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   rick springfield concert (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10753)

skippercollecto May 25th, 2005 02:48 PM

rick springfield concert

Rick Springfield will sing in concert at White River State Park in Indianapolis Friday, Sept. 2. It's a free concert (so Julie, you might want to go!).
The concert will be at 9 p.m. (slow time--don't ask me to explain slow time!)
For information, visit www.ribamerica.com

Mary

jewels May 25th, 2005 03:49 PM

Slow time = the majority of Indiana's perennial rebellion against daylight savings time. Supposedly next year that will be fixed. I'll believe it when.....

Slow time: We stay on Eastern Standard time. Which means we are actually on Central time in the summer. Except the local TV stations delay broadcasts an hour while the cable channels use the eastern feed.

Rick Springfield. Now that's kinda funny. White River State Park is only a block or so from the convention center for all those SW CIII goers.

Gemini1999 May 25th, 2005 05:47 PM

Yeah....

Rick Springfield has come to the Sacramento area 2 or 3 times in the last year to do concerts. I had this brief thought about trying to get a pic and go to have it signed - just for grins.

There's something about a mid forties guy (me) taking a picture of Rick Springfield to a concert where it's mostly women in their 30's and 40's still swooning over the guy and his music that put me off that idea.

I'll bet if we got someone like Julie to go, she might even get an interview out of him (hint...hint...).

Bryan

jewels May 25th, 2005 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemini1999
I'll bet if we got someone like Julie to go, she might even get an interview out of him (hint...hint...).

Bryan

And I'm not even a fan. Eeek. How much would he have to say about a show he was in for 5 minutes? (I know, you all want to know too).

Mary? Want to come visit and try for the interview???

Jewels

Titon May 26th, 2005 03:55 AM

Now that would be cool!

Interview Zac!

Hehehe.

jewels May 26th, 2005 07:23 AM

Start coming up with questions for Rick. I'll see if I can find a way to make contact and ask him. Yeesh. I don't even own a tape recorder, gang.

(Mary! HELP!)

skippercollecto June 27th, 2005 06:22 AM

sept 2

Julie, I doubt I'll be able to get up to Indianapolis to help you with the interview, if you're still planning to do it. I have one set of questions for him, and some suggestions on how to do the interview:
1. Ask Rick Springfield about how he auditioned for the show, what it was like for him, and if he got to meet any of the other well-known actors who were on that episode (I'm not referring to Richard and Dirk, but rather, Lorne Greene et al).
As for doing the interview, yes, you can invest in a tape recorder, but, truthfully, in 20 years of reporting, I've never used one. It's easier to take a small notebook (either an old-fashioned stenographer's or reporter's notebook--a regular school notebook is too bulky to work with) and take notes. You can scribble pretty fast if you want to! Going back and listening to a tape recorder and trying to transcribe everything is way too time-consuming, and you end up with a lot of extraneous information.
Good luck!
Mary

julix June 27th, 2005 06:56 AM

are you still planning on going Jewels????

skippercollecto September 19th, 2005 01:18 AM

concert

Julie, did you get to go to the Rick Springfield concert when he was in Indy? Or did you go to the one at Belterra?

jewels September 20th, 2005 01:44 PM

Didn't get to either. We were out of town appeasing all four grandparents with granddaughter.

Jewels

warhammerdriver September 20th, 2005 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewels
Didn't get to either. We were out of town appeasing all four grandparents with granddaughter.

Jewels

A much more important endeavor. Gotta keep Granny and Grandpa happy! (Especially when they're your in-laws! :D )

jewels September 20th, 2005 08:42 PM

:D