Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

Muffit August 27th, 2004 09:35 PM

Did you know you can make ozone? All you need is super high voltage and an exactly spaced air barrier before it reaches a conductor. It smells awful.:muffit:

Archangel August 27th, 2004 09:35 PM

A bell is ringing...

braxiss August 27th, 2004 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffit
Did you know you can make ozone? All you need is super high voltage and an exactly spaced air barrier before it reaches a conductor. It smells awful.:muffit:

:wtf: i'm not sure i want to try this :LOL:

Rowan August 27th, 2004 09:39 PM

I just checked out the clips for that movie and some behind the scene stuff looks very cool! http://www.sonypictures.com/homevide...igation-5.html

Muffit ! How did you ever get to smart? ;) :D

Delaneys ...strip club...
one story brown brick building set far back from the road big parking lot all around it...A + W right next door...

Muffit August 27th, 2004 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowan
Muffit ! How did you ever get to smart? ;) :D

LOL Rowan! Actually, just happened to have worked with one of the devices...
You'll never believe this, the ozone was considered a "hazardous" pollutant and had to be treated before being exhausted into the air. Too funny!!!

Archangel August 27th, 2004 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braxiss
:wtf: i'm not sure i want to try this :LOL:

If you ever get close to a lightening strike and smell a funny smell, that's ozone.

braxiss August 27th, 2004 09:55 PM

looks like i got the thread once more

Rowan August 27th, 2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffit
LOL Rowan! Actually, just happened to have worked with one of the devices...
You'll never believe this, the ozone was considered a "hazardous" pollutant and had to be treated before being exhausted into the air. Too funny!!!

:wtf: :LOL:

Rowan August 27th, 2004 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archangel
If you ever get close to a lightening strike and smell a funny smell, that's ozone.

yup! I've smelt it been within 150 feet of lightining strikes 3 times in my life:D

Archangel August 27th, 2004 10:03 PM

The furthest I ever smelled it from was about 200 feet, the closest was a hell of a lot closer. *shudder*

Rowan August 27th, 2004 10:10 PM

I think the closest was probably about 20 maybe 30 feet I was about 8 years old and taking shelter under a tree when my mothers words "if there is lightning dont stay under a tree" came back to me I walked away from the three and the tree was struck :eek: scary!

The other 2 times were spectacular on was about 100 feet from me it hit the big electrical tower WOW! the colours and the electricity sparking up and down was phenomenal! Another time was about 150 feet away it struck the telepnone/electric pole electricity ran up and down the wires it snaped one of the electric wires which whent wipping around all over the road sending sparks everywhere. those last two happened when it was night so the colours and light were amazing. How about you Angel?

Archangel August 27th, 2004 10:25 PM

First of all, I like walking around in the rain, or laying on the grass while it was raining (Don't know, just weird that way :) ). When I was in my late teens and before I moved off of the farm, I was doing just that, laying on the grass during a thunder (and lightning) storm. Eventually I had enough and went to the house.

Now in the middle of the yard os a power pole, and all the various powerlines split off it to the various buildings. I was about 20 feet away from it when lightning hit either the meter or the transformer (The pole itself was unmarked, go figure). Somehow the hit caused the power meter to explode (Old-style meter). None of the metallic shards hit me, but some of that oily crap in it did. Yuck!

Needless to say, I stayed in the house during storms for the next couple of months after that.

There you go, a weird excerpt from my autobiography 'Why is Everyone in the World but Me Insane?'

Rowan August 27th, 2004 10:30 PM

Good Story! see you do have stories to tell! :D

Archangel August 27th, 2004 10:32 PM

True, but to bad there not interesting ;)

braxiss August 27th, 2004 10:36 PM

well now what's going on in here?

Archangel August 27th, 2004 10:37 PM

Discussing the nature of ozone? :D

braxiss August 27th, 2004 10:39 PM

ozone? not really my cup of tea, but don't let that stop you

Archangel August 27th, 2004 10:42 PM

No, the conversation appears to be about done... :D

braxiss August 27th, 2004 10:43 PM

in that case i'll hold the thread for a moment

Archangel August 27th, 2004 10:48 PM

...and that will be all. :D