Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Conventions (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   starfest 2006 (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10245)

julix April 18th, 2005 11:23 AM

starfest 2006

hey everyone :)
I got some great news for Battlestar today! I get to plan a convention for Battlestar TOS and TNS at Starfest www.starland.com next year and we can have a whole weekend. So I need lots of ideas and lots of help!!! I also expect a great turn out from all of you(as you have a year to plan and save)

Please brainstorm and let's come up with some great ideas!!!!!!!!!!!

Gemini1999 April 18th, 2005 11:27 AM

Julix -

I remember Starfest.....!

I used to go to them when I lived in Colorado Springs. I didn't go every year when I was there, but it was practically the only SciFi con I attended during the 4 years I lived there.

I don't have any input at this point, but good luck with your project!

Best,
Bryan

julix April 18th, 2005 12:00 PM

Bryan.....didn't know you lived in springs.....
It is a good time there!

hey what about a really humorous section.......like people acting out their favorite BG scene TOS or TNS or kind of a not ready for prime time players sketch, What do you think?

julix April 18th, 2005 04:09 PM

the dates are April 21-23rd 2006 for the battlestar convention at starfest!

Darrell Lawrence April 18th, 2005 05:01 PM

julix, you already have an extremely full recommendation list of TOS folks that I sent you earlier today on messenger.

I'd recommend starting at the top with the bigger stars- See if they'd participate, and work your way down the list from that.

Also, I recommend somethign that is fan driven as well... Maybe a fan artists thing or something like that.

julix April 19th, 2005 05:11 AM

thanks Warrior

I was also thinking about doing a special effects segment..........I know Ken is someone to talk to.....

any other ideas?

Darrell Lawrence April 19th, 2005 06:49 AM

Ken, as in Kenneth Larson? He was at Galacticon too.

Many of those fols are on that list I believe.

A couple to definatly contact is Lee Stringer and *ahem* Don Bergren! :D

jewels April 19th, 2005 02:58 PM

Ken as in Raymar3d would be good to talk to also. He has that 3D updated bridge & was working with Mike McAdams on Realm's cancelled Tech manual.

Jewels

julix April 19th, 2005 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewels
Ken as in Raymar3d would be good to talk to also. He has that 3D updated bridge & was working with Mike McAdams on Realm's cancelled Tech manual.

Jewels

Thanks Jewels I pmd him........any other ideas???

ernie90125 April 19th, 2005 04:51 PM

Hi Julix,

Just today I got an e-mail from Robyn Douglass who played Jamie Hamilton in all but one of the G80 episodes, welcoming me to act as her agent in Europe.
Now don't go pointing out that Denver isn't in Europe, I know that already...but I could put in a good word for you. It would be her first BSG themed convention I think....

I know Kent McCord attended Galacticon, and I didn't hear any reports of him being poorly received, so maybe it would be nice for you to have G80 represented at the convention ? She did appear in all the episodes bar 1. She wasn't in 'Return of Starbuck' but she was in Playboy, so I am sure that makes up :)

I am trying to arrange for her to appear at some of the major European shows...so we will see how it goes...

Hope that helps, feel free to PM me anytime, and best of luck with your venture.....

Ernie90125

julix April 19th, 2005 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie90125
Hi Julix,

Just today I got an e-mail from Robyn Douglass who played Jamie Hamilton in all but one of the G80 episodes, welcoming me to act as her agent in Europe.
Now don't go pointing out that Denver isn't in Europe, I know that already...but I could put in a good word for you. It would be her first BSG themed convention I think....

I know Kent McCord attended Galacticon, and I didn't hear any reports of him being poorly received, so maybe it would be nice for you to have G80 represented at the convention ? She did appear in all the episodes bar 1. She wasn't in 'Return of Starbuck' but she was in Playboy, so I am sure that makes up :)

I am trying to arrange for her to appear at some of the major European shows...so we will see how it goes...

Hope that helps, feel free to PM me anytime, and best of luck with your venture.....

Ernie90125

Thanks ernie!!!! I will PM you!

Darrell Lawrence April 19th, 2005 11:11 PM

Kent McCord was at Galacticon? That's news to me!!!!

I was there and didn't see him or hear that he was there.

-----

I think Robyn, Kent and Barry would be good choices to try and sang too, julix.

julix April 20th, 2005 05:59 AM

These are great people to put on my list and I have PMd some of them...........
I would really like to hear any other ideas about what you would like to do at a con.........Here is what I have so far

Gatactic Fan Art
A special effects segment
Costume contest/dance
Panels with actors-I would like them to do a part where they talk about a special memory from a scence while we show the scene
A possible section on fanfics
I would love to display private collections of Vintage Galactica collectibles-does anyone have that?
Photos with stars
Autograph with stars
I would love to do some comedy skits with favorite scences -but not sure if I can pull that off
Technical/schematics of the ships

jewels April 25th, 2005 10:00 AM

Julix,
not to be a fly in the ointment but: Talk with someone at Universal about use of footage, before you run into some nasty licensing issue. The dvd's we all have are "home use only" and you have to get permission and or license the showing of it in a public setting.

I never saw Kent at Galacticon either. I think he tried to show up at the 20 yr reunion and that was such a mucked up thing that he left. (not sure he was received well there or not)

jewels April 25th, 2005 10:02 AM

Oh, on tech shematics of the ships:

You could talk to Raymar3d (Ken) and Mike McAdams and see if they'd be interested in doing anything from the Tech manual that they put together which Realm never got to publish.

Jewels

julix April 25th, 2005 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewels
Julix,
not to be a fly in the ointment but: Talk with someone at Universal about use of footage, before you run into some nasty licensing issue. The dvd's we all have are "home use only" and you have to get permission and or license the showing of it in a public setting.

I never saw Kent at Galacticon either. I think he tried to show up at the 20 yr reunion and that was such a mucked up thing that he left. (not sure he was received well there or not)

Thanks jewels
Very good point! I appricate the input....this feels like a huge undertaking right now...........

Gemini1999 April 25th, 2005 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julix
Thanks jewels
Very good point! I appricate the input....this feels like a huge undertaking right now...........

Julix -

It is a big undertaking.....! You deserve credit for giving it a go.

Bryan

julix April 25th, 2005 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemini1999
Julix -

It is a big undertaking.....! You deserve credit for giving it a go.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan..........
I hope you are still planning on comming!

julix May 10th, 2005 05:34 AM

I got an email from the con director and I am going to be meeting with her the end of the month............I will keep you informed!

julix May 10th, 2005 01:48 PM

here are my pictures from starfest 2005............lots of "shat" I had good seats :)

http://www.laurettespang.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=66

Warrior uploaded the pictures for me :salute:

ernie90125 May 10th, 2005 04:50 PM

Thanks for the link to the link to the links of the photos Julix.....

I hope that the next Starfest goes even better and please know that I continue to support you in your efforts..........

Please keep us updated..........

julix May 10th, 2005 08:38 PM

Thank you so much Ernie........
That is so very sweet........ :)

julix May 11th, 2005 09:43 AM

Here are my kids!!!!!!

http://www.firedragon.com/~cfleets/julix/DSC02009.JPG

http://www.firedragon.com/~cfleets/julix/DSC02012.JPG

julix May 11th, 2005 09:47 AM

Here is a good one of the "shat"

http://www.firedragon.com/~cfleets/julix/DSC02077.JPG

Kronus May 11th, 2005 09:54 AM

Very good pic's...my mate and I are going to be in Las Vegas for the ST Convention in August. I will have to get plenty of pic's to share.

julix May 11th, 2005 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klingongeneral
Very good pic's...my mate and I are going to be in Las Vegas for the ST Convention in August. I will have to get plenty of pic's to share.

cool.....I have a bunch more,,,,,,,,,,,,
did you see the link?

Jeff Combs and Claudia Christanson

BTW make sure to go on the ride..Las Vegas Hilton has two trek rides.........Do you know of them?

Kronus May 11th, 2005 10:03 AM

Oh yes I do...my mate took me there last year for my birthday. I went on both the Borg Invasion 4D and the Star Trek Klingon Encounter. Then we made our way to Quark's bar and had bloodwine, WARP core breach (the big one), and had a large feast. Needless to say that night was very exciting.

Gemini1999 May 11th, 2005 10:14 AM

Julix -

I liked the pics from the con! How did you get pics of Bill Shatner from over his head? I don't think that they have seating that high up....!

Thanks for sharing them with us!

Bryan

julix May 11th, 2005 10:18 AM

Bryan...........

He was signing autogaphs then.........I went up to the second level and took the pictures of him............. :)

julix May 11th, 2005 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klingongeneral
Oh yes I do...my mate took me there last year for my birthday. I went on both the Borg Invasion 4D and the Star Trek Klingon Encounter. Then we made our way to Quark's bar and had bloodwine, WARP core breach (the big one), and had a large feast. Needless to say that night was very exciting.

I love Quarks bar...it is so much fun!!!!! In fact the whole set-up there is cool. Hopefully the monorail will be done by the time you will be there. It is supposed to go from the Las Vegas Hilton down to the end of the strip by Luxor/Mandalay Bay :) Sounds like you had a great time.