Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Richard Hatch June newsletter discussion thread. (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3376)

Micheleh June 13th, 2003 09:58 PM

Richard Hatch June newsletter discussion thread.

Questions? Comments? Post 'em here!

Original Thread (**Tom's edit)

(I created a seperate thread titled "Moore/Eick at Galacticon?" in G3 fixing it to address the concerns being brought up.)

jewels June 14th, 2003 09:14 AM

Jealous/Envying you Southern Californians

Per Richard's newsletter:
You get to see the uncut 3hr pilot in a real theater in Hollywood at the end of August....

I am completely green with envy and they can't get that DVD box set (with commentaries!!!!!) done soon enough!!!!!

Enjoy!:warrior:
Julie

Micheleh June 14th, 2003 04:03 PM

Yup! I wonder if I should make the drive....

Here's the specific section for any who might have skimmed over it.

"For all you BG fans in California the American Cinematheque and Cinefantastique Magazine are sponsoring a screening of the Galactica 3 hour pilot at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood at 6712 Hollywood Blvd. The Screening begins at 5 PM on Saturday August 23rd, and will be followed by a Q&A."

LadyImmortal June 14th, 2003 04:22 PM

::Sniffs::

I wanna go, darnit!

But I won't have the money (sighs, grumbles something about a trip to LA in October.....)

--Rhonda

Senmut June 14th, 2003 09:45 PM

Hey! What about the rest of us refugees in the Fleet??????? Sounds like an Ovion plot to THIS ex-Southern Californian!!!!!

thomas7g June 14th, 2003 11:53 PM

I'm just glad we can see the Hatch trailer. Its not as polished as the scifi productin, but its alot more fun. :D

jjrakman June 15th, 2003 01:57 AM

Could each of us request this be shown in our own local independent theaters? In whatever city we live in? Who can we write?

Senmut June 15th, 2003 02:01 AM

Universal Pictures, presume. Don't they still hold the rights to it?

-Amo patriam meum, quoniam meus est.

thomas7g June 15th, 2003 09:28 AM

Actually you would have to probably get a hold of Richard Hatch. The rights to the property belongs to Universal, but the actual film belongs I bet to Richard Hatch.

Micheleh June 15th, 2003 10:02 AM

Which one? Richard has rights to show the trailer for not-for-profit means. The movie, of course, is owned by Universal.

dvo47p June 16th, 2003 09:17 AM

Re: Jealous/Envying you Southern Californians

jewels all the DVD commentary is with one person, Mr. Firebird himself aka Glen Larson

Quote:

Originally posted by jewels I am completely green with envy and they can't get that DVD box set (with commentaries!!!!!) done soon enough!!!!!Julie
jewels, just don't watch Larson that until you have watched the DVD's of BSG many times.

Ps. anybody know the IMAX format Larson was thinking of doing?

thomas7g June 16th, 2003 09:36 AM

I didn't know there was more than one type of IMAX film format.

I love IMAX. Not alot of good movies available, but a damn good format. I saw the Everest film there. The pictue was so clear and crisp I thought a flag on a pole onscreen was actually several feet infront of the screen in the theater! It looked 3D and I dind't have to wear any funny paper glasses. :D

jewels June 16th, 2003 10:04 AM

Re: Re: Jealous/Envying you Southern Californians

Quote:

Originally posted by dvo47p
jewels all the DVD commentary is with one person, Mr. Firebird himself aka Glen Larson
Quote:

Originally posted by Micheleh (Richard's June 2003 newsletter)
June BG newsletter
.....Also, if you don't already know by now, myself and a few of the other principals, including series creator Glen Larson, are doing some of the commentary for the New BG DVD set. This set will include all of the original episodes, and will be coming out this year as well. As you can see we would love to include everyone in our 25th BG celebration.

By the way I ran into Glen Larson while taping my commentaries for the DVD set and invited him personally to attend our event. .....

Dvo:
Richard, Glen & others will have commentaries on the DVD box set. :) They already taped Richard's and Glen's.... :)

Thomas: I only know of Imax (more common) and Omnimax (less common but Cincinnati Museum Center has one).

captmiloman June 18th, 2003 11:33 PM

Universal needs to do a screening in Seattle which is just a ferry ride away for me. Richard would have a blast in the Emerald City. Plus the fact that Paul Allen is planning to open a sci-fi museum. Bob Rivers, the morning host on KZOK 102.5FM wouldn't mind having him as an in studio guest, I'm sure.

Senmut September 13th, 2021 07:24 PM

Re: Richard Hatch June newsletter discussion thread.

And, as usual, the hopes of millions of fans came to nothing. Instead of a massage, we got a flaying.