Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Studio Scale Models and other Great models on the way!! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12322)

Viper 1 September 19th, 2006 11:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
:thumbsup: WoooooooHoooo it work !!!!! Yea. :D
Thank you very much...Viper 04
OK, here's some more so we don't all get too antsy here on this thread...... :salute:

spcglider September 20th, 2006 05:56 AM

The double seater is lovely! Q: Why Yellow?

-Gordon

Viper 1 September 20th, 2006 11:06 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Just to show it's from Yellow Squadron.... (and before you all start explaining to me... I know all the squadrons had the same markings... but I like the idea of having different color markings for the different squadrons)
The Two Seat Recon/Scout Viper..(as I call it) is how I think the two seat Viper should have appeared in the....uugh....Galactica 80 series.
Here's some more for you puroosal...
The Scarlet Viper Mk 2 with the Red Markings was built for a friend as well as a standard Viper Mk 1 . He wanted to have them sit together to show the contrast between the two Vipers.
I will post pics of the Standard Viper Mk 1 later. :salute:

Viper 04 September 20th, 2006 06:51 PM

Very nice work Viper one!! AWESOME!! :thumbsup:

I will be posting pics of my finished Viper soon!

dilbertman September 20th, 2006 07:03 PM

COOL! Did you have these out at Galacticon back in 03? I think I saw them at the BSG fan club table.

Jim

Viper 1 September 20th, 2006 08:13 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Yes I did have them at GalactiCon in 03. I had the Gray Ghost Scarlet Viper there as well as the Two Seat Viper.
The Scarlet Viper with the Red Markings I just finished a few weeks ago. (had to do something while waiting for these DeSanto Vipers..... :D )
And I finished this one just the other week to go with it for a friend....

spcglider September 21st, 2006 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper 1
Just to show it's from Yellow Squadron.... (and before you all start explaining to me... I know all the squadrons had the same markings... but I like the idea of having different color markings for the different squadrons)
The Two Seat Recon/Scout Viper..(as I call it) is how I think the two seat Viper should have appeared in the....uugh....Galactica 80 series.
Here's some more for you puroosal...
The Scarlet Viper Mk 2 with the Red Markings was built for a friend as well as a standard Viper Mk 1 . He wanted to have them sit together to show the contrast between the two Vipers.
I will post pics of the Standard Viper Mk 1 later. :salute:

Your modeling work is exceptional! Very nice!

While I am no fan of the Scarlet Viper (why mess with an already exciting design?) your rendering of it is sweet and clean. Your talents are evidenced in the work.

The two seater is pretty spectacular. Very nice all around.

-G

Viper 1 September 21st, 2006 11:25 PM

Hey.... did Mike pass out from the resin fumes?
Any body hear from him yet?

cobywan September 22nd, 2006 06:40 AM

Last time I talked to him he was in the middle of casting wings.

Viper 04 September 22nd, 2006 08:48 AM

Hey guys! Mike grew wings and flew away!

Man those resin fumes must be a real rush!

spcglider September 22nd, 2006 11:49 AM

Yeah, he went down to the KFC and picked up a bucket of wings.

Now he's got them under silicone and is planning to work them into the kit design after he casts them in resin!

Don't forget the BBQ sauce!

-G

Viper 04 September 22nd, 2006 02:17 PM

When he finally gets around to checking this thread hes gonna laugh his head off.

starmanmm September 23rd, 2006 05:33 AM

Viper 1, nice job on the viper!! :salute:

Yellow Squadron will be proud!

jewels September 23rd, 2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper 1
Yes I did have them at GalactiCon in 03. I had the Gray Ghost Scarlet Viper there as well as the Two Seat Viper.
The Scarlet Viper with the Red Markings I just finished a few weeks ago. (had to do something while waiting for these DeSanto Vipers..... :D )
And I finished this one just the other week to go with it for a friend....

I spent very little time in the dealer area at Galacticon and the only scarlet I remember was actually a red viper, I'm sorry I missed this one then!

the 2 seater is sweet!!!

Viper 1 September 24th, 2006 03:12 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I think I only had them there for one day.... and they were also displayed on the table for the special effects board when the physical modelers from the original series and the CGI guys from the new series had thier discussion.
And since you guys like the Two Seater so much...here's some more pics of it.

jewels September 25th, 2006 08:23 PM

Ok, this is weirding me out: I sat, I think, in front of or beside someone that had done 2 of those viper models during the effects guys' panel. Um. We might have actually met?? :rotf:

Viper 1 September 26th, 2006 04:58 PM

We might have...... you never know.
I was hanging out most of that weekend with my FX buddies that helped with the "New" show, and are bigger fans of the original. But I did attend the FX Board because the people in charge wanted to display my two Vipers on the table.

Viper 1 September 28th, 2006 11:00 PM

Jewels, wouldn't mind following up on this conversation.
That being said.....Let's get back to the reason of this thread...... the DeSanto Vipers......
Any one heard from Mike yet? Wasn't shipping supposed to start a week or so ago?
I'm getting a little antsy to build my Mk 4.... :D

Viper 04 September 28th, 2006 11:50 PM

I'm just going to give Mike all the time he needs cuz I know that he would rather send us something that he and we can be proud of.... rather than just shipping out a box of gargabe....like most garage kit folks do.

Have you guys ever noticed that?......Even dudes that pressure or spin cast, do awesome sculpts even nice box art....just to shove it all in one big zip lock bag, maybe two, toss it in an slightly over sized box and most parts are toast before it gets to your door? ....OR.....they run the kit till the molds or shot and STILL sale it to you with huge holes, pin holes everywhere, some parts not even formed 100%, many too thin to work with?......Man that really chaps my hide!

Viper 04 September 28th, 2006 11:57 PM

OH yeah.....BUT! on the other hand you get guys like Viper 01 who make VERY NICE CASTINGS!

Gil was cool enough to help me out on my 1/32 Monogram Colonial Viper and sent me two of his resin casted canopy's and WOW! they are very crisp and nice!

Right now I'm CAREFULLY using a battery dremel to dig out recessed areas on the inside where the clear parts will set after I paint it. Good thing I have two cus the first one didn't go so well....I ran a few areas too thin.

THANKS Gil!!!! :viper: :thumbsup: