Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   April and what to do (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12195)

CaptainTux October 25th, 2005 09:32 PM

April and what to do

In April I am going to speak at a convention in San Diego. This is one of those week long deals. Anyway....an old friend of mine learned that I would be in transit. She is a not for profit club and would like me to be to come and speak on my way home. I could easily fly into Denver with little inconvenience. They will put me up in a hotel of my choosing and let me hang out for a day or two on their dime. So a)....within reasonable pricing so as not to tap them dry, where is a good place to stay? b) What is there to do in Colorado in April? c) Am I being a good friend or a sucker? ;)

Darrell Lawrence October 25th, 2005 09:38 PM

julix would be the one to answer that, as I believe she lives in that area.

CaptainTux October 25th, 2005 09:49 PM

Coolness! All I need to know is where to eat and where not to eat. Where to shoot some pool or play darts. Where to dance a little where I will not be surrounded by irritating tourists wanting to hook up (I just wanna dance). Any place I might be able to see a show. Any cool attractions. That sort of stuff. May as well have fun. When in San Diego I am going to be committed to dinners and whatnot and have little time to myself to explore so I may as well get some me time out of this deal.

Darrell Lawrence October 25th, 2005 09:51 PM

...hmm San Diego to Denver? Is a stop-over in Reno, NV in those flight plans? :D

CaptainTux October 25th, 2005 10:05 PM

What's in Reno? Gambling, hookers, and golf??? Yawn!

Breea October 26th, 2005 06:54 AM

Tux,

Depending on when in April..Starfest 2006 is being held in Denver from April 21 -23rd..

Maybe we can all get together...

Breea

CaptainTux October 26th, 2005 06:56 AM

Starfest? Sounds like you have been to this Starfest? Tell me more.

CaptainTux October 26th, 2005 07:00 AM

BTW, my conventions in San Diego is April 24-the morning of the 28th so I would be in Denver on the eve of the 28th, do my thing for her club on the 29th at 3pm for about an hour and a half, socialize a bit, then I be free.

julix October 26th, 2005 07:18 AM

Hey Tux...............
I live in Colorado, right outside of Denver so I can help ya out with the info. But not too sure about a good dart place....I do know where to dance...........Boy do I. I love to dance! I kknow a bunch of pool halls. i know great resturants There is so much to do in denver. The only surprize in April is weather, it could be 75 or it could be snowing............... ;)

CaptainTux October 26th, 2005 08:07 AM

Ohhhh! Adventures in clothing choice!

CaptainTux October 26th, 2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julix
..I do know where to dance...........Boy do I. I love to dance! I kknow a bunch of pool halls.

Cool. Now here is the big questions. Are these clubs filled with others who love t dance and CAN dance. The actually being able to dance is key. I am embarrassed by my gender when I see some smooth talker make a complete ass of himself on the floor while thinking he looks good and the girl on the floor doing the same gyrations for 5 songs and being the local talent is also sad. I do not feel like pointing and laughing at people......well, that is not entirely true. :D

julix October 27th, 2005 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainTux
Cool. Now here is the big questions. Are these clubs filled with others who love t dance and CAN dance. The actually being able to dance is key. I am embarrassed by my gender when I see some smooth talker make a complete ass of himself on the floor while thinking he looks good and the girl on the floor doing the same gyrations for 5 songs and being the local talent is also sad. I do not feel like pointing and laughing at people......well, that is not entirely true. :D

Pointing and laughing at people is half the fun! No, it depends on the night! I have seen some good ones! But I just take care of myself.......if someone else can dance or not around me is irrelevant.............I am lost in my own world! Does that give you enough information?

CaptainTux October 27th, 2005 08:49 PM

Does that give me enough information? Yes, they dance so horribly there that you have to shut your eyes to enjoy yourself. ;)

CaptainTux October 27th, 2005 08:50 PM

Not much better in Chicago....we just have better Italian beef which makes for fat guys doing the white man's overbite.

Darrell Lawrence October 27th, 2005 11:05 PM

Some people are just too picky :P:

julix October 28th, 2005 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainTux
Does that give me enough information? Yes, they dance so horribly there that you have to shut your eyes to enjoy yourself. ;)

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: