Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

kitty April 28th, 2004 08:16 AM

LOL :)
You certainly got out of the bed the right side today! ;)
Maybe that early rise does you good!

doc834 April 28th, 2004 08:28 AM

I'm back to take the thread!! I am finding that I am a "multi-tasker". I'm eating lunch, Watching NASA TV, and taking the thread, at the same time.
:salute: :)

Rowan April 28th, 2004 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrell
;)
Maybe that early rise does you good!

Ya that's probably the reason Sorrell!;)

doc834 April 28th, 2004 08:37 AM

I find that I don't like to wake up too early. My alarm goes off at 0500 every morning, but I don't really get out of bed until 0600. Maybe I should just set my alarm for 0600?

Bombadil April 28th, 2004 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc834
I find that I don't like to wake up too early. My alarm goes off at 0500 every morning, but I don't really get out of bed until 0600. Maybe I should just set my alarm for 0600?

Depends on what kind of sleeper you are and how you wake up. If you have a terrible time staying away from the snooze button, you might want to get a really nasty loud alarm, and put it where you have to GET OUT OF BED to turn it off. That's what I did when I was in high school. Of course, then you have to STAY OUT OF THE BED after you turn the alarm off.
Just something to think about.

Rowan April 28th, 2004 08:55 AM

My alram and radio (need both ) is set for 5:30 on school days, and 4 am on clinical days but if I haven't had enough sleep the night before I will lie there and hit the snooze button at least 3 times before I get up...just 5 more minutes please!;):D otherwise if I've had enough sleep I don't use the alarm I just tell myself what time to wake up at and I do. (I don't risk that on school or work days though!)

doc834 April 28th, 2004 08:56 AM

That would be my problem. I would end up going back to bed. I really don't have to be at work, until 0800, but I like the extra time to wake up.

unowhoandwhy April 28th, 2004 09:02 AM

I don't have to be at work until 9 AM (except on Fridays when I work two jobs and am out of the house from 6:45 AM until 1:00 AM the next day) and I set the alarm for 7:15, but the dogs usually wake me up at 6:30 so they can go out (I can't wait to get the doggie doors and invisible fence installed this year!). I go back to sleep for 1/2 an hour and wake up with the alarm, let the dogs out again and snooze on the couch for another 15 or 20 minutes. I am not a morning person.

I am, however, the current bearer of the One Ring... er... Thread.

doc834 April 28th, 2004 09:18 AM

I'm taking advantage of being on shore duty. When I was on the ship, I would wake up at 0500, and not go to bed until md-night. When we were in-port, we worked 8-10 hrs a day. When we were out to sea, we worked 10-15 hrs a day. This did not include all the un-foreseen instanses that we had to get up and handle.

holodoc2000 April 28th, 2004 09:19 AM

tee hee! Time for me to snatch thread for awhile. :D I see there has been a lot of action between the time I went to bed last night & getting on line this morning.

*pulls out pillows & hits braxiss & Thomasb with pillows* :duck:

:muffit: :muffit: :muffit:

kitty April 28th, 2004 09:21 AM

Well, I do not need to get up until 7:30am, I do not use an alarm clock, I naturally wake up at that time or before. Its nice at weekends when I can just roll over. As soon as I wake, I have a cuddle with my boys (dogs) and get up. I am a light sleeper, so its not hard for me to get up.

Kitty has the thread!

doc834 April 28th, 2004 09:24 AM

Not so fast, Kitty. I'll take it, for the last time, today. Then I'll have to get back to work.
:eek:

holodoc2000 April 28th, 2004 09:25 AM

tee hee! I'm snatching thread once more. :D I need the alarm clock in order to get up early on the mornings I have to get up early.

*gets out some :milk: for kitty* :)

Rowan April 28th, 2004 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc834
I'm taking advantage of being on shore duty. When I was on the ship, I would wake up at 0500, and not go to bed until md-night. When we were in-port, we worked 8-10 hrs a day. When we were out to sea, we worked 10-15 hrs a day. This did not include all the un-foreseen instanses that we had to get up and handle.

doc you have piqued my curiosity, possibly I missed an earlier explanation? What do you do in the military?

kitty April 28th, 2004 09:32 AM

Thanks for the :milk: Holodoc!
Fancy sharing the thread?

holodoc2000 April 28th, 2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the :milk: Holodoc!
Fancy sharing the thread?

tee hee! :D

Thought that the :milk: would come in handy kitty. :) I'll share the thread with ya. :)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

kitty April 28th, 2004 09:46 AM

We will have to be on our guard from those pesky boys, have you got your pillows a hand?

unowhoandwhy April 28th, 2004 09:50 AM

While the kitty and the bear guard against pesky boys, unowhoandwhy sneaks in unnoticed and steals the thread.

holodoc2000 April 28th, 2004 09:53 AM

Quote:

We will have to be on our guard from those pesky boys, have you got your pillows a hand?

tee hee! Yep we definately gotta be on guard for the fella's. ;) I have a fresh set of pillows for us to use as well. Gonna give Tweety, Sylvester, & Scooby a little break starting off with before pulling them out to use on the fella's. :)

Rowan April 28th, 2004 10:09 AM

pretty quiet in the testosterone department around here!;) :D