Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Conventions (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   BSG 25th anniversary- volunteers needed! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1927)

Micheleh January 15th, 2003 07:47 PM

BSG 25th anniversary- volunteers needed!

Hi! Micheleh here! I am assembling the prelimenary list of all people who want to volunteer their time and efforts to help us with the 25th anniversary next fall! We will need people to participate in a wide variety of activities both before and during the convention. Examples are research, promotion, setup and teardown, checkin and badges, etc.

Okay, so who's interested? If you are, just write down what convention or similar experience you have had, and what areas you would like to help with. Email this to me at micheleh@gci-net.com. I will let you know when I recieve the information. I will also contact everyone when teams are formed.

I can't wait! I know this is going to be a fabulous event, and a great time for everyone. Oh, and if you have any suggestions for making this a great event, mail 'em along with your information- this is going to be a con by the fans, for the fans, and all feedback is always welcome.

~Michelle

repcisg January 15th, 2003 08:17 PM

Where is the celebration going to be?

Micheleh January 15th, 2003 08:26 PM

I'm waiting for final confirmatin on the date and place. For now, I can *unofficially* (put down that phone don't call the airline yet!) say Los Angeles, end of October. Pending confirmation, of course. ;)

Titon January 16th, 2003 05:23 PM

Welcome Micheleh.

Couple of questions for you. I would like to know why you are asking for Volunteers for something that is not even set in stone yet? We don't even have a clue if this is even going to happen.

One other thing, before we volunteer could you tell me what orginization you represent? I'm not trying to be critical of anything it's just that i have not heard a thing about this yet at all.

Micheal can you verify?

:)

Micheleh January 16th, 2003 05:37 PM

Hi, Titon!

I'm assembling a list of people who may have an interest in participating as volunteers. That way, when teams are made, people can say "Okay, I need someone for this, that, and the other" and I'll be able to give them names of people to contact. I'd rather know we have people who want to help now, than get all this work and say "run out and get help!" ;)

As far as my organization, well, I'm a volunteer, too. I've been helping with this since DragonCon, and have just finished doing a logo graphic for the convention.

Micheleh January 16th, 2003 06:40 PM

Lol! Okay, I can finish my reply now. I was waiting for a phone call. Richard said "Tell them you work for me." So, okay, I work for Richard.

Titon January 17th, 2003 05:02 AM

Tell Richard hi from me.

;)

Don

Micheleh January 17th, 2003 12:30 PM

Okay! I wish I had read this five minutes ago, I just hung up with him. I'll do that later. Say Don said hi. Right! :)

Titon January 17th, 2003 01:53 PM

Yep, Don from Minnesota.

He'll probably go who?

;)

emerita January 19th, 2003 10:49 AM

:LOL:

michaelfaries February 19th, 2003 04:36 PM

*bump*

jewels March 3rd, 2003 07:58 AM

:bounce: over to Michael's announcement.