Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

Rowan July 20th, 2004 01:49 PM

I'd have to throw my vote in for Archangel as well any particular reason why you chose that handle?

Archangel July 20th, 2004 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowan
I'd have to throw my vote in for Archangel as well any particular reason why you chose that handle?

Archangel was the name of a teleplay that I wrote in school and promptly forgot after graduation. After I dug it up last fall I figured that even though the story wasn't great, the name was, so I decided too use it

And the rest, as they say, is history. ;)

Rowan July 20th, 2004 01:57 PM

Thanks for the explanation about your handle.:)

By the way you've been on this site for many hours in the middle of most peoples work day are you on vacation?

Archangel July 20th, 2004 02:01 PM

I'm in between jobs at the moment. But I'll be heading back too Alberta next month.

How about you, school out?

Rowan July 20th, 2004 02:21 PM

I thought your were heading to BC?
Yes school is out at the moment taking time to relax and de-stress, it's much needed !

Archangel July 20th, 2004 02:24 PM

BC this fall. I have to have some money on hand just in case I don't find work right away when I get there. :D

Rowan July 20th, 2004 02:32 PM

Ah ok, do you have a job line up then in Alberta if so what is it?

Archangel July 20th, 2004 02:34 PM

Natural gas Pipeline construction.

Rowan July 20th, 2004 02:35 PM

it's funny you should say that I was thinking something like that,

do you have any training in this field?

Archangel July 20th, 2004 02:42 PM

Yeah, done it. I've got oilfield safety tickets coming out the whazoo.

(Now how did this conversation wind up being about me???) :P:

Rowan July 20th, 2004 02:44 PM

'cause I'm asking you questions, if you want to redirect it then you have to ask me questions that's called a conversation! ;) :D
a few years ago I was looking into becoming a welder and working on pipe lines don't ask me why I'm a strange girl!;) :D

Archangel July 20th, 2004 02:48 PM

Ohhhh, so that's what a conversation is. :D

Alright, what part of BC are you in? I've already got the lower mainland figured out.

Rowan July 20th, 2004 02:53 PM

I live in the worst city in the lower mainland!;) :D

isn't it going to be a pain in the butt moving all your things twice and changing provinces twice in a matter of a few months. I'm just imagining income tax time and trying to fill it out for 3 different provinces in one year yikes!

Archangel July 20th, 2004 03:00 PM

Alberta isn't permanent so SK income tax is sufficent. I'll either be staying in a motel or campground. If the move to Vancouver is permenent, I'll buy new furniture as I need it.

Rowan July 20th, 2004 03:03 PM

camping and working that kind of job sounds pretty rough you must be hard on yourself

So when do you move out to Alberta?

Archangel July 20th, 2004 03:05 PM

Next month sometime

The worst thing about finding a campground is too find one with a shower :)

Rowan July 20th, 2004 03:12 PM

And you'll really want one if your working physically hard all day!
I'd opt for a motel in your case your going to want a good bed for aching muscles as well! it's a little more wasteful of your hard earned money but it's important to take care of yourself too.
so you wont be doing this job for long then a couple of months?
I guess that means you'll be disappearing from here for that time as well, hard to be on the net if your camping!

Archangel July 20th, 2004 03:16 PM

Hard on myself really doesn't matter. I can quite easily sleep on the ground sans mattress ove extended periods of time. But too be on the safe side I'll probably be taking the van.

For me it would make more sense to pay 15-20 dollars per night than fifty.

braxiss July 20th, 2004 03:19 PM

gimme

Rowan July 20th, 2004 03:21 PM

POUNCE!! Braxiss! your early today!;) :D