Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   RussellSanders.com (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17873)

TwoBrainedCylon November 13th, 2011 06:28 PM

Re: RussellSanders.com

New entry that may be of interest:

"Women Don't Understand Science"

http://www.russellsanders.com/wordpress/?p=224

You can also link it direct from the front page at RussellSanders.com .

All my best,

Russell

TwoBrainedCylon November 18th, 2011 07:57 PM

I moved the site to a new server. Would appreciate if folks would let me know how its working out.

Also added a small gallery of some of my artwork under "My view of the world". Would appreciate feedback on how the gallery displays for everyone.

All my best,

Russell

Lara November 18th, 2011 10:44 PM

Loaded OK from down here..

But then what would I know...computer stuff is science and I'm a girl. . . ;);) :rotf:

Cheers,
Lara

BST November 19th, 2011 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon (Post 308071)
I moved the site to a new server. Would appreciate if folks would let me know how its working out.

Also added a small gallery of some of my artwork under "My view of the world". Would appreciate feedback on how the gallery displays for everyone.

All my best,

Russell

Looks good. I tried it last night and it worked as well. I think what threw me was the remark in the one box which says, "There are no posts in this category". It made me think that something didn't work right.

TwoBrainedCylon November 19th, 2011 07:59 AM

I figured it out.

All the old links go to RussellSanders.com/wordpress/-- vice RussellSanders.com, which is now the proper link.

Forget the links above. Everything is accessable from the main page at RussellSanders.com .

I'd appreciate feedback from others as to how this works for them.

All my best,

Russell

BST November 19th, 2011 10:41 AM

Now, datsa nize!!!

:D

Dawg November 19th, 2011 03:39 PM

That's nice - and I like the blog entries, too. Read the most recent to Mrs. Dawg, who got a kick out of it.

The gallery also works well for me.

Good job!

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

TwoBrainedCylon November 22nd, 2011 01:58 PM

Hi Lara.

Hi John.

It all seems to be up and running well.

I added three photo galleries.

Just go to http://www.russellsanders.com/ to find them all.

All my best,

Russell

Lara November 24th, 2011 03:46 AM

The galleries are cool and a excellent addition to the site.

I think the collection from Afghanistan is great for showing the the people there just 'doing their life'. There is so much they could gain if the politics of tribalism could somehow be worked out.
Did you get to see much of the (terribly threatened) archeology?

Cheers,
Lara

TwoBrainedCylon December 31st, 2011 03:09 PM

And my goals for 2012 are now official:

http://www.russellsanders.com/2011/1...oals-for-2012/

All my best,

Russell

gmd3d January 1st, 2012 03:18 AM

Good goals to pursue. best of look with them.

TwoBrainedCylon March 13th, 2012 09:08 AM

Today's article asks, "How many speakers does one really need?"

http://www.russellsanders.com/2012/0...e-really-need/

If the above doesn't work, click here.

Enjoy

Gemini1999 March 13th, 2012 01:59 PM

You know what they say about a man that has large speakers...?

That hard to understand line from "Love Shack"....it's "Your what? Tin roof, rusted!"

I've misunderstood that for years!

TwoBrainedCylon March 14th, 2012 05:28 PM

Did the blonde know that was the line?

Gemini1999 March 14th, 2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon (Post 309249)
Did the blonde know that was the line?

If I'm honest, I have no idea. I've puzzled over that one every time I've heard the song. It wasn't until you mentioned it in your blog that made me look up the lyrics to the song to finally answer that question.

One of life's mysteries (in my mind) has been solved.

I must admit that no matter how many times I listen to the song and look at that line, I'm not really convinced... :D

jewels March 14th, 2012 08:19 PM

You guys would so love my 27 yr. old neighbor's Mustang GT. The engine's bored out for more HP. The only thing I don't like is it sounds somewhere between a top-class monster truck and jet copter are revving up next door. It's truly a man's car.

Gemini1999 March 14th, 2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewels (Post 309253)
You guys would so love my 27 yr. old neighbor's Mustang GT. The engine's bored out for more HP. The only thing I don't like is it sounds somewhere between a top-class monster truck and jet copter are revving up next door. It's truly a man's car.

Julie -

As much as I love classic cars, I prefer them as they came from the factory. I've had a couple of mid 60's V8 Mustangs and Cougars - while they may have been all original cars, a mild burble from the tailpipe has always been more rewarding to my ears rather than a raucus rumble that rattles windows. I've always been a man of moderation - IMHO, "less is more".

But, that's just me.

TwoBrainedCylon March 14th, 2012 10:22 PM

I had a GT Mustang before my present truck (Ford F-150). I love them both. The F-150 is heavy enough to pull my boat and trailer. The GT was enough to remind me every morning that I am a guy. A suped up model would be even better. I'll probably get another GT again before too long.

I've been considering getting an old 1930s-1940s Ford and fixing it up. Old classic cars have appealed to me more and more over the past couple of years. I'd probably have a few shoved away in various states of repair if that honor wasn't already taken up by boats.

I guess I'm a bit of a machine whore.

All my best,

Russell

Gemini1999 March 15th, 2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon (Post 309257)
I had a GT Mustang before my present truck (Ford F-150). I love them both. The F-150 is heavy enough to pull my boat and trailer. The GT was enough to remind me every morning that I am a guy. A suped up model would be even better. I'll probably get another GT again before too long.

I've been considering getting an old 1930s-1940s Ford and fixing it up. Old classic cars have appealed to me more and more over the past couple of years. I'd probably have a few shoved away in various states of repair if that honor wasn't already taken up by boats.

I guess I'm a bit of a machine whore.

Russell -

I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to things with wheels. I've always been a person with just one car, but I found another that I just had to have. As it happens, it's a 1984 Mustang GT, but it's the 2.3 Turbo version instead of the 5.0 V-8. Here's a pic of my current project car (ignore the hideous wing on the back):

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/picture....ictureid=15329

I never thought that I would buy an older car again - I haven't done since 1995, but this one called out to me. It's kind of odd having 2 cars for just one person, much less both of them being convertibles (that's my 06 Miata in the background).

I'm a big Ford fan - this is the 6th (and the newest) Mustang I've had.

Later mate,
Bryan

jewels March 17th, 2012 08:19 PM

I take it, one of the projects will have something to do with removal of that "hideous wing?" That car looks great for 1984, sans the unfortunate aftermarket add-on (have to agree with you about it!)

I like cars as they were supposed to be, not the hot-rod versions (though to each his or her own). I can still tell '55-'57 Chevys apart thanks to my car-obsessed dad. My favorites: Auburn boatails, Duesenbergs, '55-57 corvettes, and mid-50's Metropolitans (the car that Lois Lane drove in the '50s Superman TV show).

It might be a good time to buy a 1930's Ford, Russell. I've heard some prices that were relatively low for even Model A's on some of the shows on history channel. At one time my dad wanted a Model A, but at that time they were worth more than he'd paid for our house 10 years before. He found a '53 Ford Crestline Victoria, 2dr. hardtop and worked on redoing it instead. His first car had been that model.

Good luck finding a model you like.

When dad was working on his there was a magazine called Hemmings Motor News that carried ads for all sorts of New Old Stock parts. that's probably on the internet if it still exists, I'm sure there's a better spoiler for the Mustang out there some where if you want one, Bryan! They used to have stuff for even '30s cars in the early '80s.