Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Entertainment (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Cartoons!!! Cartoons Worth Watching! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4618)

Muffit October 16th, 2003 08:58 PM

Cartoons!!! Cartoons Worth Watching!

I gotta admit, there's some pretty good toons out there right now. Here are some of my favs:

Duck Dodgers in the 24th 1/2 Century - for us codgers and young'uns alike. I loooooove this. Some eps are truly great.

Fairly Oddparents - this is the funniest cartoon on TV today. Cosmo and Timmy's dad will keep you in stitches. The humor transcends the age barrier. Really good writers and the voices are hysterical.

Hamtaro - this is just plain cuuuute. Some nice lessons for kids too.

Totally Spies - I just started watching this. The girls' facial expressions and the tongue in cheek humor is really well done. Very entertaining.

Can't you tell I haven't grown up? Wish Disney would release their classics on DVD, like Donald in Mathmagicand and Goofy in Aquamania.

Cheers,
:muffit:

Micheleh October 16th, 2003 10:05 PM

My favorites:

Cowboy Bebop! (Totally rocks, I wanna be Faye when I grow up.)

Lupin III (My hero)

Trigun (A bit preachy, but fun)

Blue Gender (Bugs. 'Nuff said.)

Inuyasha (A bit 'Kimba', but a good story.)

thomas7g October 17th, 2003 01:04 AM

a bit kimba?

nightscape2112 October 17th, 2003 11:52 PM

one word, southpark

nightscape

Starbuck October 18th, 2003 07:23 AM

X-Men, the Fox animated series is my favorite. I also like Star Trek's animated series, Transformers, Beast Wars, Reboot, and Bubblegum Crisis. :choco:

Ian_W359 October 19th, 2003 03:31 PM

Here's some of mine :

Vision of Escaflowne (Medieval style swords 'n' mecha with some really beautiful moments..... angels from Atlantis?!)

Gundam Wing (Epic.... but gets kinda wacky towards the last 5 episodes)

Kishin Heidan (WWII retro mecha fighting Nazis & aliens)

Family Guy (I just love Stewie!)

Dexter's Laboratory (Lots of nice genre touches - even Galactica!)

Samurai Jack (Just cool!)

Ian_W359

Charybdis October 20th, 2003 08:21 AM

Ham-hams!

Funny you mentioned Hamtaro, Muffy, my daughters have totally gotten into this show!!!! I must admit, it does seem to be very good for younger children with nice lessons in helping out others and being nice.

They love it!!!

Muffit October 20th, 2003 06:25 PM

Cool Charybdis! :)

Micheleh October 21st, 2003 08:58 AM

"Gundam Wing (Epic.... but gets kinda wacky towards the last 5 episodes)"

I know, someone needs to give Zed a chill pill.

thomas7g October 21st, 2003 09:02 AM

I like Hero!

Proximo October 24th, 2003 09:23 AM

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Darkwing Duck... :D

Doctor Salik November 9th, 2003 08:00 AM

Dexter's Lab - fantastic!
Futurama - why did they ever cancel it?
Spongebob - I love this guy.
The Simpsons - Seasons 1 to 5 only
Clerks (animted) - short lived and underrated

shiningstar November 9th, 2003 06:58 PM

My kids are into all of them as I am too although I don't
let my kids know that

thomas7g January 26th, 2004 05:23 PM

bump

jewels January 26th, 2004 05:53 PM

Um....Kim Possible?? :D

I like how it's drawn & how Kim's unafraid to take on the world.

Woody Woodpecker
All the old Warner Brothers cartoons: Roadrunner especially.

Muffit January 26th, 2004 06:46 PM

We had a wonderful Woody Woodpecker record set from way back. It came with this huge full color book and about six 2 sided 78 records (with a total playing time of probably 10 minutes!). It was one of those read-along albums, where Woody tells you when to turn the page. It was a talent contest and there were really funny stuff like a singing violin, a singing trio of fish, and this billygoat that kept interrupting everyone to say "I have the best act!" but no one will let him try. Finally Woody says, ok, ok, and let's him do his act - he butts full speed into a brick wall! Woody is thrilled and tells him he can join the show and do it every night. Of course, you guessed it, the billy goat says "Forget it. That's the first time I tried it and I'll never do it again - it hurts too much!"

We had a bunch of 'em, including Uncle Remus (with Brer Rabbit). Wonder how much that would be worth today?

Sadly, we loaned them to a neighbor's kid and they never returned them.

BTW, Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck later do this same skit in a movie, except Daffy blows himself up.

Sci-Fi January 26th, 2004 06:54 PM

Nobody watched Spiderman? Speed Racer? The Bugs Bunny and Friends hour on Saturdays were always a blast, esp Roadrunner, Wiley Coyote, Martin the Martian, etc. Robotech was pretty good too.

Muffit January 26th, 2004 07:18 PM

Hi Sci-Fi! I watched all of those. Speed Racer was good but I just couldn't get used to those still pictures where only the mouth moved. There was another Japanese cartoon that did that but with inserted human mouths - I forget which one.

Watched Kimba too. Even caught Ultra Man although I know that's not a cartoon. There was also this one with wacky racers that was pretty good "rubber baby buggy bumpers...". And of course George of the Jungle and it's co-show (my personal fav) Super Chicken! I used to put the Super Chicken theme in everybody's boot program at work and drive 'em up the wall, LOL! :D

callsignfalcon February 14th, 2004 11:09 AM

anime I like:

Hack//sign
Gundam WIng
(Subbed not the badly done, heavily edited, dub) Sailor Moon: classics through S
Inu Yasha
Rahxephon
Naruto

DarkJedi February 15th, 2004 09:42 PM

Ok I like

Inuyasha
Cowboy Bebop
Big O
Lupin III
Star Wars - The Clone Wars (mini series on cartoon network)
Voltron
G-Force
Speed Racer
Pokemon
and a few more I can't remember off the top of my head...

Rowan February 26th, 2004 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sci-Fi
Nobody watched Spiderman? Speed Racer? The Bugs Bunny and Friends hour on Saturdays were always a blast, esp Roadrunner, Wiley Coyote, Martin the Martian, etc. Robotech was pretty good too.

When I was little the only show of it's kind I was alowed to watch was spiderman (my mother considered batman too violent! the only episode I ever saw was the one in which eartha kitt played cat woman then my mother made me watch it !) loved wathing the bugs bunny road runner hour which is how it was called her in cananda. loved the road runner and wiley coyotee, tweety bird and bugs bunny "sufering sukatash" I used to watch Albator (or captain Harlock) in french, I've just started getting some of the comic books but would prefer the video if it exists. there are a few more but their names escape me for now:)

Rowan February 26th, 2004 07:11 PM

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi your my only hope

ok you anime fans I need help identifying a show I fell madly in love with but cannot remember the name, all I can remember about it (only saw it twice) was that it came on I believe right after starship troopers (or the other way around) in any case they were back to back. It had an odd name I think it startded with the letter m, and I think it was one word, but I always had trouble remembering the name it wasn't a catchy name to me and didn't seem to describe the show/content. I remember one guy was the hero, perhaps in his twentys there were some kind of futuristic ships he came to the rescue kind of had a james bond feel to it people backing him up, gizmos, etc.. The animation was amazing, looked SO real. I sat there staring at it because it looked like real people but it wasn't blew me away and the stories were great, but life got int he way and I kept missing it and lost track of it and now I can't find it . it's not much to go on but if you have ideas just shout them out because I'm pretty sure I'd recognise the name if I "heard " it again:) thanks
The characters were not in the styalized Japanese wide eyed look, it had an American feel to it. I've been serching the web for weeks with no luck.

bsg1fan1975 March 2nd, 2004 12:34 PM

all of the old cartoons from the 60s to the early 80s except for Batman, superman and spiderman

Those were my top favorites and still are today!

I loved another old cartoon. I just can't think of the name of it. I so need help with this one. It had two mice and a cat. The cat's favorite expression was: "I love meeses to pieces."

Does anyone remeber this one?

Ian_W359 March 2nd, 2004 01:43 PM

Okay, a couple more to add to the list -

Ultimate Muscle (pretty recent, but a quite mad cartoon/anime about alien wrestlers!)

Mucha Lucha! (more wrestling, this time of the Mexican masked variety)

Sheep in the Big City (Oh how I miss this one! Bonkers!)

Now, answers to some questions -

bsg1fan1975 - the two mice were 'Pixie & Dixie', in a segment of 'Huckleberry Hound', they would face the wrath of Mr. Jinx aka 'Jinxie', the cat who's catchphrase was 'I hate those meeces to pieces'

http://www.tvacres.com/rodents_mice_pixie.htm

Gaelen - Was that show CG (computer generated)? If so - did the lead guy have some kind of metal attachments to his suit - which would enhance his abilities? I have one idea of a name - 'Max Steel' (if that helps) - I guess the show would have a similar look to Starship Troopers, being compter generated too.

All the best,
Ian W359
:)

Muffit March 2nd, 2004 03:58 PM

Wonder if anybody can go back this far - Ruff and Reddie? Two dogs that always got into trouble. I had the puzzle when I was about 2 or 3, of them on a rollercoaster.

Pixe and Dixie were great Ian and Bsg1Fan. Another oldie but goodie was Top Cat. Still got the tune in my head... :)

:music: Top Cat! The most sensational, Top Cat! ... :music:

Rowan March 2nd, 2004 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_W359
Gaelen - Was that show CG (computer generated)? If so - did the lead guy have some kind of metal attachments to his suit - which would enhance his abilities? I have one idea of a name - 'Max Steel' (if that helps) - I guess the show would have a similar look to Starship Troopers, being compter generated too.

All the best,
Ian W359
:)

It had the same look as starship troupers so I guess it would be computer generated but I would definitely have remembered that name as it's one of my families names, I remember it was one word with 2 or 3 consonants to it I believe, thanks so much for trying to help I've spent over a hundred hours trying to find it

Rowan March 2nd, 2004 06:29 PM

I remeber enjoying the perils of penelopy pitstop she cracked me up allways getting tied up and left on therailroad tracks, and I loved the jetsons.

for a little trip down memory lane...

http://www.tvparty.com/sat70.html

bsg1fan1975 March 3rd, 2004 03:10 AM

thanks Ian. I thought it was them but I wasn't sure! Deputy Dawg was another one of my favorites! Does anyone one remember Duddley Do Right?

Muffit March 3rd, 2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975
thanks Ian. I thought it was them but I wasn't sure! Deputy Dawg was another one of my favorites! Does anyone one remember Duddley Do Right?

Of course! They even made a movie of it recently with the guy from the Mummy. I always liked the jokes about the horse... :D

bsg1fan1975 March 3rd, 2004 12:37 PM

I have seen the movie version. I laughed so hard. The horse was the best in the show.

I have another one you might remember: George of the Jungle!

Utter loonacy!