Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Sorries (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12388)

bsg1fan1975 December 5th, 2005 04:27 AM

Sorries

I wanted to say sorry that I haven't been my normal chatty self here, but I have been going through alot lately. Last month I received news from my family back home that one of my aunts is going through cancer treatments and so far is doing good. Over Thanksgiving at my place I got hit with the news that my baby brother is getting married to his girlfriend who has cheated on him twice and people were trying to force me to go to the wedding when it happens till I put my foot down and said I wasn't going because I do not see nothing good coming from their marriage.

Last week my mother in law had back surgery and is doing good. I have only seen her twice since she had it because she lives an hour from me and I do not drive and during the week my hubby and I are quite busy here. I saw her this Saturday and I was not fully prepared for what I saw. It brought back alot of very painful memories from my mother having gone through cancer surgery a few years back and the after effects of it with the pain meds she was on. I cried for quite a while on our way home.

And on top of the normal hustle for the holidays, my hubby and I are knee deep in planning his retirement ceremony and party from the Navy Reserves. So I have a full plate for a while.

Thanks for being so understanding with this gal.

WarriorChemist December 5th, 2005 01:09 PM

I am sorry to hear about your aunt, but it's good to know that she seems to be responding well to her treatment.

I hope your mother-in-law recovers quickly from her back surgery and that she feels good as new very soon. I'm sorry that seeing her brought back memories of when your own mother was sick.

I felt kind of bad for your brother when I read that you were refusing to go to his wedding because you don't approve of the bride. I'd go to my brother's wedding even if he were marrying the worse woman on this earth. Why? Because I love him and realize he's an adult that needs to make his own decisions, good or bad. I'll be there for him no matter what.

The holidays are tough for a lot of people, and you seem extra busy with the retirement ceremony. Good luck with that. Before too long it will all be behind you.

BST December 5th, 2005 02:22 PM

bsg,

Take whatever time that you need. We'll be here when your life is a little less hectic.

;)

In the meantime, like they say in the commercial,

"We'll leave a light on for ya!"

:star:

Dawg December 5th, 2005 05:54 PM

It always hits all at once, doesn't it?

Take a deep breath, bsg - one thing at a time.

All the best.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Griffworks December 5th, 2005 06:26 PM

Hope it all gets better for you, bsg1fan1975! I know how life can get you down all at once. Don't let it get you down, tho. :Nsalute:

bsg1fan1975 December 6th, 2005 03:45 AM

well hubby talked to his dad last night and my mother in law is doing much better. she is not as messed up on the pain meds as she was on Saturday. From what I was told, she will be leaving the hospital soon for a nursing home where she will get physical therapy till she is ready to come home.

Lara December 8th, 2005 03:00 AM

Apologies?? Nothing to say sorry for in my books.. being a little 'quiet' under your current circumstances is understandable (in fact a lot worse behaviour would be understandable, but not in your nature)

But thanks for letting us know whats been on your plate.. its not like we can pop round and knock on your door when we don't see you at the coffee shop for a couple of days ;)

Best wishes,
Lara

bsg1fan1975 December 12th, 2005 04:02 AM

my mother in law is now out of the hospital and in a nursing home for some physical therapy before she comes home. She is doing much better and we decided not to go see her this weekend so she can adjust to being there.

Thanks for the support all, it has been a blessing to me. Now between today and tommorrow I got Xmas baking to do.