Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   repcisg saw this one Christopher Eric James/Glen A. Larson made some money (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5468)

dvo47p December 13th, 2003 06:34 PM

repcisg saw this one Christopher Eric James/Glen A. Larson made some money

Christopher Eric James* to Universal Studios “This is a legal stickup”

Or maybe Universal’s view, ‘Fork it up, you mother-stickers this is a legal f*ck up’?

Did anyone notice all those Glen A. Larson in the credits; The Scifi Channel was lulled by Larson’s WGA legal loophole of using the alias *Christopher Eric James. Then in a longtime TV entertainment insider’s coup, Glen A. Larson used his status as the creator of Battlestar Galactica, to actually prevent the remake from airing, for money? READ ON

After the December 8th premiere date to be plastered all over by Scifi. When a dude with a briefcase not a gun, did a legal shakedown for an obscene amount of money, The Scifi Channel/USANetwork/Universal somewhere between that proverbial rock, and that legendary hard place, they remitted the extortion money.

It’s not like Glen A. Larson hasn’t done this before, when ABC tried to cash in on the Battlestar Galactica name with the regrettable Galactica: 1980, he did a similar legal shakedown to ABC, hello Universal Studios a continuation fan (repcisg) and a Paramount employee saw one this coming.

After Larson’s lawsuit the right to make a Battlestar Galactica, Universal won the name Galactica, but Larson owns the right to make a ‘Battlestar’ movie. After Universal Studios got wind of the no doubt surprising interest of Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Epic Series, indeed it hit 10 on DVD sales @ Amazon.

Ya recon Universal feels a bit foolish allowing a small niche cable channel with ads, farm out this franchise?

If the remake ever does happen Glen A. Larson will make a small fortune, he did create Battlestar Galactica, Ronald D. Moore has created what, according to imdb.com nothing, he has gone no where but where creative minds have estabished a fanbase, speaks volumes, but that is still a hell of a lot better than me.

malachi42 December 13th, 2003 06:57 PM

I understand that after all the credit issues were resolved in arbitration and uncontested by the producers Glen Larson recieved story credit again uncontested. He then asked to be listed as a cowriter of the mni series script allthough he had nothing to do with it. And after that was granted he decided to put it under a pseudonym, impliying that a third writer had been brought in to fix RDM's script.
Universal and sci-fi have always known about his financial claim on BSG, that is standard practice in Hollywood. It was no suprise and has no bearing on whether or not they continue with the mini.

Jerry Vasilatos December 13th, 2003 10:29 PM

No offense, wish I could have understood this easier...

The grammar and style made it a little hard for me to understand...

JV

jewels December 14th, 2003 06:36 PM

dvo, what are you trying to say? the mini aired, yes Larson got his credits (without having to take straight script credit: hiding behind the psuedonym).

What's your point?

Jewels

dvo47p December 15th, 2003 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jewels dvo, what are you trying to say? the mini aired, yes Larson got his credits (without having to take straight script credit: hiding behind the psuedonym).

What's your point? Jewels

More Money Honey$$$$!

My point is that Glen A. Lason waited till Battlestar lite was a GO, geenlighted or whatever. Then he did to The Scifi Channel, this year what he did to ABC in '80, after they had THAT Galaticia 1980 was a done deal he said "wait a lot more money for me" Glen A. Larson.

How much more CLEAR do I need to be?
Quote:

Originally posted by dvo47p After the December 8th premiere date to be plastered all over by Scifi. When a dude with a briefcase not a gun, did a legal shakedown for an obscene amount of money, The Scifi Channel/USANetwork/Universal somewhere between that proverbial rock, and that legendary hard place, they remitted the extortion money.

It’s not like Glen A. Larson hasn’t done this before, when ABC tried to cash in on the Battlestar Galactica name with the regrettable Galactica: 1980, he did a similar legal shakedown to ABC, hello Universal Studios a continuation fan (repcisg) and a Paramount employee saw one this coming.