Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

Rowan March 25th, 2004 11:48 AM

Are you sure about that?;) :D

kitty March 25th, 2004 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowan
guess you didn't listen to her hun?!;) :D

sorrell at 25 posts you get to have an avatar have you got one picked out yet?:D

Rowan,
Could I ask what is a avatar.

unowhoandwhy March 25th, 2004 11:58 AM

Quote:

Are you sure about that?;) :D

Yep...

Rowan March 25th, 2004 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrell
Rowan,
Could I ask what is a avatar.

eeks sorry! I'm doing to you what others did to me when I first started here...It's the little pictures we have by our name and it took me a long time to figure out how to do it, if your not good with computers this is going to be a bit of a challenge, if your good at it then no swet!
they have instructions on how to do it on one threads but it was a converation on another thread between Muffit and someone else that really helped me to understand how it was done, and I don't remember where I saw that now..it was a discussion about her web page.:)

Your really sure Hun? unowhoandwhy?

unowhoandwhy March 25th, 2004 12:07 PM

Quote:

Last I checked. But it's a mad, mad, mad, mad, world... :D

kitty March 25th, 2004 12:10 PM

Quote:

eeks sorry! I'm doing to you what others did to me when I first started here...It's the little pictures we have by our name and it took me a long time to figure out how to do it, if your not good with computers this is going to be a bit of a challenge, if your good at it then no swet!
they have instructions on how to do it on one threads but it was a converation on another thread between Muffit and someone else that really helped me to understand how it was done, and I don't remember where I saw that now..it was a discussion about her web page.:)

Rowan- thanks. I think i am going to need help with all this. At the moment I am a bit green. :D

I will appreciate any help and advice from anyone who is willing to give it. :)

unowhoandwhy March 25th, 2004 12:11 PM

Quote:

Rowan- thanks. I think i am going to need help with all this. At the moment I am a bit green. :D

I will appreciate any help and advice from anyone who is willing to give it. :)

I'll give you any advice you need... for the price of this lovely thread. And welcome, sorrell!

kitty March 25th, 2004 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
I'll give you any advice you need... for the price of this lovely thread. And welcome, sorrell!

Thankyou.
So how do you get to put a picture up then.

Bombadil March 25th, 2004 12:32 PM

Quote:

Thankyou.

Part of it is easy. Click on the "preferences" tab underneath all the spaceships at the top of your screen, click on "edit avatar" in the middle of the left-hand column, then click on "use custom avatar", click on "browse", find your avatar file, and double click on it.

The HARD part is finding or creating an avatar that you like and saving it to your own computer. The end result needs to be pretty small (what was it, 5KB??), so you may need to play with the file awhile before it is small enough.

I could say more, but why don't you play with the project a bit, and then cry for help when you get stuck, like everybody else did.

:salute:

unowhoandwhy March 25th, 2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

Thankyou.

Once you get to 25 posts you go to your User Control Panel (User CP) and click on "Edit Avatar" and then choose a file (either from your computer or from the web)
Quote:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 5.9 KB (whichever is smaller).
Then choose upload. And that should be that.

And thanks for the thread.

unowhoandwhy March 25th, 2004 12:34 PM

Ooops, looks like Thomas beat me to the explanation. Darn phone, how dare they bother me at work, I am playing!

kitty March 25th, 2004 12:37 PM

Thanks, I will try it later. Hopefully by the weekend I will have a picture.[I]

Rowan March 25th, 2004 12:41 PM

ok I did some hunting ...getting back to a much earlier discusion on this thread
WHOOO HOOO I got to hear the tune of The Greatest American Hero and belted it out of course! check out his so cute outfit! I really loved that show!!!:D

http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/shows/greatest.htm

kitty March 25th, 2004 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
Ooops, looks like Thomas beat me to the explanation. Darn phone, how dare they bother me at work, I am playing!

Is everyone at work?

Rowan March 25th, 2004 12:47 PM

sorrell the hard part for me was figuring out how to use microsoft photo editor to get the picture to the right size since I'd never used that before. :)

good luck! just go to the help thread when you get stuck post your questions and people will :) talk you through it, I think there is some stuff there all ready from others who needed help.

POUNCES ON THREAD!!!:D

unowhoandwhy March 25th, 2004 12:48 PM

I loved the Greatest American Hero, too! Now when I look back at it, though, all I can think is, "Nice perm, buddy." Well, at least it wasn't a mullet!

And at least I have the thread again.

unowhoandwhy March 25th, 2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Is everyone at work?

I think I'm the only naughty one. But, I'm a police administrator & if it's slow I can do what I please (within reason, of course). Of course, I think Rowan is supposed to be studying and nursing her sore foot, so I'll just take the thread back, thanks.

Dawg March 25th, 2004 12:50 PM

Hmmmm. Dawg is confused. Everybody's talking about avatars. Dawg thinks he's in the Help Zone. But, no, it says "The Last Person" on the top of his computer. Hmmmm.

POUNCE!!!!

Hi, lil sis! Hi, unowho & ThomasB!

:music: Dawg's got the tread. Dawg's got the thread. :music:

Hi, sorrell! If I haven't said so before, welcome to the Fleets! They're right, you need to reach 25 posts before you can get an avatar. There's a thread around, somewhere (I think in "The Help Zone") that spells it all out (size, etc), but if you need some help just yell.

Now - I'm gonna hang on to the thread for a bit. :D

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

kitty March 25th, 2004 12:51 PM

Thanks Rowan,
I will remember that.

unowhoandwhy March 25th, 2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg
Now - I'm gonna hang on to the thread for a bit. :D

It was just a bit, wasn't it Dawg? Whassup?