Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

Archangel August 10th, 2004 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowan
Never been drunk myself. Loss of control issues. The hardest thing I found when I bartended was seeing all these nice looking intelligent guys sit down in front of me at the bar we'd start off the evening with lively banter and witty repartee and as the night progressed they would digress slowly into a world of oblivion It broke my heart I HATED serving them and watching that happen.:(

I think most people tend to grow out of the desire to get drunk after awhile it looses it's appeal. Good to hear it Archangel! personally I've always felt nervous around people when they were drunk makes bartending a challenge LOL!:D ;)

Ohhhh, yeah. I saw that at the 'Hoe in Vancouver. Scary! :/:

Rowan August 11th, 2004 12:10 AM

Yup some of them were very scary especially when I cut them off! I can't count how many times I was threatend for doing it! Spat at, cussed out, etc. I even had a few death threats charming! I used to bike to work and it was a 5 mile ride home at 2:30 am and I was told I'd better keep a look out 'cause I wasn't going to make it home. :/:

Archangel August 11th, 2004 12:13 AM

I had it easy, after the first few weeks the regulars considered me worthy. So when somebody, usually an 'outsider', started acting like an ass, I generally had about fifteen people standing up behind me. Granted, some of them had too be held up... :D

Rowan August 11th, 2004 12:23 AM

well at this bar I was the only person I did bartending, waitressing, food service and bouncing! And thank god people were there to back me up when I had to bounce guys! I remember one horrible night when two guys really went at it spectators were injured and I had to jump in and seperate them imagine two guys 6 foot what ever 250 lbs at least and here's this little 5'2" 115 lbs girl betwen them! LOL! well that was after I got them up off the floor.:D
aint working in a bar grand! LOL!

Archangel August 11th, 2004 12:26 AM

In a situation like that for someone of your size, the best thing would have been letting them duke it out while you called the cops, unless you're a confident expert in some Martial Art. Your boss was irresponsible for letting you work there alone.

Rowan August 11th, 2004 12:31 AM

I did call the cops first but there was a woman on the floor under one of them and was being hurt and she had brain cancer and it was over her that the fight started a callus drunk poking fun at her shaved head and her husband came to her deffense. I'm fierce when I'm angry and in charge LOL! There were pretty angry but they listened to me I told one to leave and then I locked the door. All the employees that worked there were women and we all worked alone I hated it I agree it was really irresponsible of management I did complain about it to them and to the labour thing.

Archangel August 11th, 2004 12:35 AM

Good! I wonder if it changed anything?

Rowan August 11th, 2004 12:36 AM

not during the time I worked there I don't know what the situation is now

Archangel August 11th, 2004 12:38 AM

If it didn't change anything then... :/:

Rowan August 11th, 2004 12:40 AM

I'm going to have to slow right down with the posting tonight and go back to hunt and peck my hand is in agony :/:

kitty August 11th, 2004 01:11 AM

Kitty awakes and nips in for the thread!

amberstar August 11th, 2004 03:39 AM

My turn for a while;)

bsg1fan1975 August 11th, 2004 03:42 AM

gm all.

Rowan August 11th, 2004 08:54 AM

good morning ladies I just have a little time to spend here this morning I have volunteered to help with the "in-laws" move today:D

repcisg August 11th, 2004 09:14 AM

I am not female, I be male :devil:

Rowan August 11th, 2004 09:21 AM

Yes I know and that's something I like about you! :D ;) good morning repcisg!

repcisg August 11th, 2004 09:26 AM

Top of the morning to you Rowan!

Don't let them work you too hard today.

Rowan August 11th, 2004 09:35 AM

But I love to help people move! I just hate that the guys don't treat me as an equal (until I get the chance to prove myself) I may look small but I'm very strong, I hate being given "womens work" to do like yesterday! :P: The guys are doing all the exciting stuff and I'm stuck cutting out shelf coverings :P::P::P:

holodoc2000 August 11th, 2004 09:40 AM

tee hee! :D I'm snatching thread now. :D

:muffit: :muffit: :muffit:

amberstar August 11th, 2004 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
tee hee! :D I'm snatching thread now. :D

:muffit: :muffit: :muffit:

My turn to Snatch :duck: