Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   True Comedy (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11558)

BST August 7th, 2005 06:34 PM

True Comedy

Just a momentary diversion from the topic:

Jackie Gleason is an all-time favorite of mine but, there were very few things quite as funny as seeing Foster Brooks do the drunk routine, on the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts! I was in tears, from laughing so hard!

:rotf:

...and the best part, he didn't drink....

;)

(Note: I split these posts off to their own thread. Please feel free to add your stories and memories of comedy from days past).

:D

koenigrules August 7th, 2005 07:15 PM

Just to show you that I am a Foster Brooks fan, he made not one- but two- guest appearances on Green Acres.
One was in a bar with Arnold the Pig & they were both drowning out their sorrows.
Sorry, just had to mention it, I guess.
KR

BST August 7th, 2005 07:58 PM

:)

jewels August 7th, 2005 08:00 PM

Foster Brooks, Red Skelton and Tim Conway never failed to make me laugh and never uttered a foul word to do it. True comedy.

;)

BST August 7th, 2005 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewels
Foster Brooks, Red Skelton and Tim Conway never failed to make me laugh and never uttered a foul word to do it. True comedy.

;)

Oh my, here we go..... I will never forget Conway and Burnett doing the skit with Mrs. "Huhwiggins" and Mr. Tudbull. OMG!!!

Jewels, you may want to add Bill Cosby to that list....his stand-up video, "Bill Cosby: Himself" is a must-see and must-have!!

Darrell Lawrence August 8th, 2005 01:27 AM

John Ritter. 'nuff said ;)

julix August 8th, 2005 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BST
Oh my, here we go..... I will never forget Conway and Burnett doing the skit with Mrs. "Huhwiggins" and Mr. Tudbull. OMG!!!

Jewels, you may want to add Bill Cosby to that list....his stand-up video, "Bill Cosby: Himself" is a must-see and must-have!!

Those are all good!!! I loved watching conway and Korman.........cause they would giggle at each other and try to hold it back and that is what made me die of laughter!!! Bill Cosby himself is right on about parents and parenting and oh yeah, the dentist..............But the one thing from Cosby he said was about his parents and how they are with his kids.........."these are not the same people who raised me-they are trying to get into heaven now" :rotf: :rotf:

John Ritter.........Oh yeah!!!!!! :salute:

Flamingo Girl August 12th, 2005 08:31 PM

I love Bill Cosby: Himself, and the fact that he only used one cuss-word throughout the entire show.

Gemini1999 August 12th, 2005 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamingo Girl
I love Bill Cosby: Himself, and the fact that he only used one cuss-word throughout the entire show.

FG -

I remember the first time I saw that on HBO (I think) back in the 80's. I was laughing so hard I literally had tears coming out of my eyes. I used to have the audio version on cassette and popped it in for a listen if I needed a good laugh - it always worked!

Best,
Bryan