Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Entertainment (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   King Kong Trailer (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11291)

Sci-Fi July 1st, 2005 08:14 PM

King Kong Trailer

King Kong Trailer

Check it out.

:blink: :eek: ;) :D

martok2112 July 1st, 2005 09:57 PM

Looks good. I saw it as a preview before War of the Worlds.

Titon July 2nd, 2005 06:50 AM

Oh my, that does look good.

:)

martok2112 July 2nd, 2005 11:15 AM

It looks like it has the potential to be a very good movie.

I have to admit, I ain't holdin' my breath about it though. I haven't quite jumped on the Peter Jackson bandwagon yet.

If you wanna get a taste for what Peter Jackson used to do before many people bowed down to his supposed greatness at the Lord of the Rings, then you need to see the movie "Meet the Feebles." (Basically an R rated Muppet Show.) This muppet movie is a laugh riot, and in all respects DEFINITELY NOT RIGHT.

I will make time to watch the LotR trilogy, but I have to admit, the first twenty minutes of Fellowship put me right to sleep...so I have to shore myself up a little more, as I am sure that the LotR trilogy is truly good.

Respectfully,
Martok2112 :salute: :Nsalute:

Fragmentary July 2nd, 2005 01:33 PM

Ironcially, I would encourage people to gouge out their own eyes before accidently watching "Meet the Feebles". But then klingons have much different tastes in movies ;)

I think the visuals and effects in the King Kong trailer look awesome. But I am having some trouble accepting Jack Black as a serious actor. I'm pretty sure that I'll just wind up waiting the entire movie for him to fall into his usual schtick.

Spike The Cylon July 4th, 2005 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112
It looks like it has the potential to be a very good movie.

I have to admit, I ain't holdin' my breath about it though. I haven't quite jumped on the Peter Jackson bandwagon yet.

If you wanna get a taste for what Peter Jackson used to do before many people bowed down to his supposed greatness at the Lord of the Rings, then you need to see the movie "Meet the Feebles." (Basically an R rated Muppet Show.) This muppet movie is a laugh riot, and in all respects DEFINITELY NOT RIGHT.

I will make time to watch the LotR trilogy, but I have to admit, the first twenty minutes of Fellowship put me right to sleep...so I have to shore myself up a little more, as I am sure that the LotR trilogy is truly good.

Respectfully,
Martok2112 :salute: :Nsalute:

Ah, yes, "Meet The Feebles". The only movie to ever give me nightmares. :erk:

martok2112 July 4th, 2005 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragmentary
Ironcially, I would encourage people to gouge out their own eyes before accidently watching "Meet the Feebles". But then klingons have much different tastes in movies ;)

I think the visuals and effects in the King Kong trailer look awesome. But I am having some trouble accepting Jack Black as a serious actor. I'm pretty sure that I'll just wind up waiting the entire movie for him to fall into his usual schtick.

I was staying with some friends who had a VERY VERY crazy taste in movies, and one day they were watching "Meet the Feebles." As I sat and watched it with them, I was laughing my head off....it was just NOT RIGHT! :D

jonahlee August 25th, 2005 04:58 PM

I am not sure what I think about this trailer. I really like the New York stuff, but the skull island stuff just looks too digital to me. Have any of you check out the Production diaries at Kong is King? I actually edited 2 of the early ones of those, though haven't been a part of it since. I am really looking forward to it because I am a huge Peter Jackson fan. i love his early films, though Meet the Feebles, is pretty hard to watch.

martok2112 August 25th, 2005 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonahlee
I am not sure what I think about this trailer. I really like the New York stuff, but the skull island stuff just looks too digital to me. Have any of you check out the Production diaries at Kong is King? I actually edited 2 of the early ones of those, though haven't been a part of it since. I am really looking forward to it because I am a huge Peter Jackson fan. i love his early films, though Meet the Feebles, is pretty hard to watch.

You really have to be in a very...very....very bizarre mood to watch Meet the Feebles. :D

jonahlee August 25th, 2005 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112
You really have to be in a very...very....very bizarre mood to watch Meet the Feebles. :D

You know I liked the film the first time I saw it, but I was in college, so I was probably very very high. And watching it again I thought it was almost unwatchable. Now BRAIN DEAD and BAD TASTE, those movies rocked. As did HEAVENLY CREATURES, and introduced the word to Kate Winslet, slobber, drool drool.

Dys October 23rd, 2005 08:45 AM

It looks good to me it might be one of the better re-makes.