Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

Archangel January 25th, 2005 12:31 PM

Really? Mine said lack of thinking was mine... :D

Excalibur January 25th, 2005 12:36 PM

I also had a teacher that was always saying, "Your a good kid, no matter what your family says." :D :LOL:

Archangel January 25th, 2005 12:39 PM

:rotf:

Sounds like you and I would have gotten along fine in school...

:rotf:

Excalibur January 25th, 2005 01:12 PM

I had the uncanny ability to be able to talk back to my teachers, and have them admit I was right! :wtf:

I was in choir, yes, I said it, I was in choir, and bell choir too. One day, the choir teacher was working with the girls, and a group of guys was getting out of hand, and getting a little noisy.

Instead of telling all of us to be quite, he picked on one guy. Singled him out of the group. The thing is, this teacher was always singling this guy out.

This guy was getting pretty upset, and I didn't blame him. I couldn't take it anymore. I said, "Excuse me, but he wasn't the only one talking. If you have a problem. It should be with all of us." or something like that. I rather shocked myself. :D

I was held after class. He took me into his office, and started giving me this speech, about how if I have a problem with him, I should save it for after class and talk to him in person, not in front of the whole class.

I was mad! I responded, "That's exactly my point! If you have a problem with one student, you should talk to them after class, not single them out in front of the whole class!" He said, "You know what? Your right." :yikes:

I went to a Christian boarding school, and lived in the dorm. We were going to have an Open House Banquette, where the boys could tour the girls dorm, and the girls could tour the boys dorm.

The dean was going around inspecting rooms, making sure everything was as it should be.

I, being the sci-fi fan that I am, and was, had a Star Trek VI poster hanging on my wall. (See photo below)

The dean asked me to take it down. I asked him why. He told me, "Some people might be offended by it." What he meant, is that our uptight, stick in the mud, "would rather run a school without students," principal, might not like it. I wouldn't give up.

I asked him, "What if I'm offended that I have to live my life according to what other people want?" He again asked me to take it down.

I finally asked if it was because of the Klingon? He said yes. (I have to admit. In this poster, Klingons didn't look very angelic. :D ) I simply replied, Klingons are simply a representation of another race. Are we supposed to be racists?

He turned and walked away, and the poster stayed up, with nobody making any fuss about it. :Nsmilie:

Archangel January 25th, 2005 01:16 PM

As the saying goes:

Sh*t happens. And good for you, especially in regards to that teacher's favourite exomple/target. :D

Excalibur January 25th, 2005 01:25 PM

On another occassion, the same boy's dean was having a bad year. His assistant boy's daen had had to leave half way through the year. So, he was on his own.

He had us guys together one night, and he was just laying into us. He was taking all his frustrations out on us.

The room was building up to blow, you could feel it.

He finally, and quite forcefully said, "Is it to much for me to ask for a little respect?"

Without even knowing it was coming out of my mouth, I responded, "Is it to much for us to ask the same from you?"

Again, :yikes: !!!!!

He simply responded, "No."

:eek:

He calmed down, we calmed down, and that was it.

On a side note, this dean later asked me to come back as an assistant boys dean. He moved the year I got the job, but I spent 3 years, in a 1 year position as the assistant boy's dean.

I had my bad days too! ;) :D :LOL:

Archangel January 25th, 2005 01:33 PM

So, have you done any of that career counselling stuff?

Sounds like you would do well in arbitration or negotiation.

Excalibur January 25th, 2005 01:40 PM

I spent 2 years in college, majoring in indecision. :D

I still don't have a clue as to what I want to do when I get growed up, and I'm already growed up! :D

If anyone has need for a smart@$$, with time on his hands, let me know! :LOL:

Archangel January 25th, 2005 01:46 PM

Word of advice:
Never, EVER, admit to being growed up.

I'm in my thirties and have never admitted it yey. It's served me in good stead so far. :D

julix January 25th, 2005 02:53 PM

Julix comes running in Hi guys ;) The thread is mine..........

Excalibur January 25th, 2005 03:32 PM

I'll take the thread now. :Nsalute:

Gravitas January 25th, 2005 07:04 PM

:Nsmilie:
:Nsmilie: :Nsmilie:
:Nsmilie: :Nsmilie: :Nsmilie:
:Nsmilie: :Nsmilie: :Nsmilie: :Nsmilie:
:Nsmilie: :Nsmilie: :Nsmilie: :Nsmilie: :Nsmilie:

holodoc2000 January 25th, 2005 07:22 PM

tee hee! :D I'm snatching thread from ya now Gravitas. :D Your not far from getting your 3rd cylon kill. ;)

:muffit: :muffit: :muffit:

Gravitas January 25th, 2005 07:25 PM

:eek: I didn't even notice I had gotten my 2nd!

holodoc2000 January 25th, 2005 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravitas
:eek: I didn't even notice I had gotten my 2nd!

:wtf: Shame on you Gravitas! :D

*tackles Gravitas & tickles him all over* :duck:

Gravitas January 25th, 2005 07:41 PM

I am one post closer to my third kill. :D

holodoc2000 January 25th, 2005 07:43 PM

tee hee! :D Yep you getting closer to your 3rd one now. :D

Gravitas January 25th, 2005 07:53 PM

I am so close!

holodoc2000 January 25th, 2005 07:55 PM

tee hee! :D Yep ya only need 1 more post to get your 3rd cylon kill. :D

Gravitas January 25th, 2005 07:58 PM

Yeah!