Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Studio Scale Models and other Great models on the way!! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12322)

Viper 04 May 25th, 2006 06:15 PM

Sweet! Thanks for the update Gordon :thumbsup:

Thats cool.....I'm in the middle of super deatialing the old Monogram Viper anyways....I cut out the engines and installing cut tubes then adding the engine details so it will have the proper 3-d effect, scribing all recessed panel lines to replace the kits raised lines. Scratch building the cockpit and 50/50 MM models resin landing gear kit and scratch built....most of it is pretty useless due to being at the end of the run :rolleyes: and all the markings will be air brushed.....should be pretty cool...... sorry no pics yet.

Questions

Will it be easy to add clear sheet to the inside of the MKII canopy?

I bet this kit will be kinda heavy so any scratch built landing gear will need to be pretty gnarly......has there ever been any landing gear ideas for the DeSanto MK II?

spcglider May 26th, 2006 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper 04
Sweet! Thanks for the update Gordon :thumbsup:

Thats cool.....I'm in the middle of super deatialing the old Monogram Viper anyways....I cut out the engines and installing cut tubes then adding the engine details so it will have the proper 3-d effect, scribing all recessed panel lines to replace the kits raised lines. Scratch building the cockpit and 50/50 MM models resin landing gear kit and scratch built....most of it is pretty useless due to being at the end of the run :rolleyes: and all the markings will be air brushed.....should be pretty cool...... sorry no pics yet.

Questions

Will it be easy to add clear sheet to the inside of the MKII canopy?

I bet this kit will be kinda heavy so any scratch built landing gear will need to be pretty gnarly......has there ever been any landing gear ideas for the DeSanto MK II?

1) Yes.

2) No idea. That's in Michael's court. I'm just molding and casting the cannons and maybe the canopies.

-G

Viper 04 May 26th, 2006 07:37 AM

Danke Dude! :salute:

Aussieviper May 29th, 2006 04:09 AM

Mike,
can you please shoot me an email at:

fistius@hotmail.com

I need to work out with you whats happening with my Desanto Viper. I tried to send you an email a while back but no joy. Talk to you soon, cheers, Chris (aka Aussieviper)

Viper 04 May 29th, 2006 07:36 PM

I'm curious.....

How many parts total and is the nose section molded onto the engine section on the 1/24 studio DeSanto Viper??

dilbertman May 29th, 2006 08:17 PM

Hey Fleets

Over at Mike's right now.

HELP! :hack:

Just kidding.

Jim

PS - Aussieviper, Mike will email tomorrow.

spcglider May 30th, 2006 11:08 AM

Sorry, dude. You made the trip.

If you end up getting hacked to death by an axe murderer while playing over at Michael's, then it's your own fault!

And as for you, Terri.... put that axe down. ;)

-Gordon

Viper 04 May 30th, 2006 04:48 PM

Hey.....what about my viper parts question?

dilbertman May 30th, 2006 07:08 PM

Quote:

Is the nose section molded onto the engine section.
No. See below.

Jim :rolleyes:

dilbertman May 30th, 2006 07:31 PM

Here are more images of the Viper. The main body is 3 parts. You maybe able to see it in the first image on the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battlestar-Galac...QQcmdZViewItem

Jim

Viper 04 May 30th, 2006 10:05 PM

Thanks Jim,

It looks like the parts count including the base is around 15 total?

eBay is how I got my kit so those are the same images I have seen before.

From those photos its hard to tell that the rear seat section is a seperate part and it 'looked' as if the nose section is molded onto the engine section.

Its going to be a great kit to build.

BlueSquad2001 May 31st, 2006 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper 04
Thanks Jim,

It looks like the parts count including the base is around 15 total?

eBay is how I got my kit so those are the same images I have seen before.

From those photos its hard to tell that the rear seat section is a seperate part and it 'looked' as if the nose section is molded onto the engine section.

Its going to be a great kit to build.

Hey Viper!
Just to touch base with you, the kits part will be a simple build. I just got up and around and will get in touch with Gordon to see how the cannons are going. Will get back with you soon on this, after I get an idea of when she'll ship. :salute:

spcglider May 31st, 2006 09:27 AM

Okay folks, here's the poop on cannons:

I have 10 sets sitting in plastic baggies on my desk. I'm getting about 2 or 3 sets done a day since I have to do them in the morning before work, during lunch, and after work. I should be done with cannons in a few more days.

Now the canopy, that's a different story.

Michael is sending me his mold which I will use in the pressure casting tank. That should fix any problems with casting the thin part. If that doesn't work, I will need to re-mold the canopy... which could take a bit since I am currently OUT of silicone. And then there's the casting situation again. So lets all hope that Mike's mold works.

For this effort, I will be taking posession of Michael's eternal soul upon completion. I'll keep it buffed up and placed on a shelf next to my Colonial Laser Pistol.

-Gordon

Viper 04 May 31st, 2006 09:51 AM

Gordon, thanks for the update, all your efforts and helping Michael with this project.

Michael....I'm not worried about how many parts or kit dificulty level.....I just wanted to get an idea on how many parts. Heck...for me the more the better!

Just look here:

http://troysmodels.homestead.com

I'm also known as Fluke on a few other boards and your VIPER will be at Wonderfest next year for sure!

spcglider June 1st, 2006 06:57 AM

Cool stuff! I'm not a military modeler, so it's not realy my cup o' tea, but nice stuff!

-G

Viper 04 June 1st, 2006 02:04 PM

Thanks! I'm kinda bi-polar when it comes to models....I grew up loving WWII and jet aircraft but also loved Sci-Fi as well.

Did ya see the Alien Space jockey and Spindrift?

I will never forget the day I first saw that Viper kit on the shelf at my local drug store/gift shop back in 1980....man I freaked! I was in the 7th grade at the time.

May I quote Ren & Stimson J. Cat ....."Memoreies........."

Here is my Monogram Pegasus that I built almost 13 years ago....lots of fiber optics and blinking runway lamps in the main body that run the ten mil optics on the runway floors. I was on crack back then....ok...aright it was...Dr. Pepper...my life is not that exciting.

http://troysmodels.homestead.com/Peggyfront2.jpg
http://troysmodels.homestead.com/Peg2small2.jpg

spcglider June 1st, 2006 03:08 PM

Alright, Michael!!!

I am NOT casting ANY MORE canons for you, dammit!!! I'm THROUGH!

Really... I'm through. Done. I've met the quota.

Now where's that friggin' canopy mold????????

-Gordon

dilbertman June 1st, 2006 05:19 PM

Mike can not come to the phone right now. If you post a message he will try to get back to you as soon as he can. BEEP!

Jim :rotf:

spcglider June 2nd, 2006 06:49 AM

MOLD!!!

I NEEEEEED A MOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLD!!!!

So close and yet so far. :...:

Dilbertman, pull Michael off that beer bottle he's sucking on and make sure he gets that canopy mold in the mail to me. :beer:

That's an order from the Commander. :salute:

-Gordon :colonial:

dilbertman June 2nd, 2006 09:50 AM

I will try.

Jim :beer: :beer: :beer: :barf: