Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Studio Scale Models and other Great models on the way!! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12322)

dilbertman April 30th, 2006 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSquad2001
SOMEONE CALL 911....!!!! SOMEONE CALL 911!!!!! WHERE'S THE MISSING IRANIAN!!!!

WTF!

Time to stop taking your pills Mike. You should know meds and beer don't mix.

Jim :...:

dilbertman April 30th, 2006 03:27 PM

Hi All

Just got off the phone with Mike and I have some bad news. His best friend just passed away, lets all send our thoughts and prayers his way.

Sorry to hear this Mike. You have alot of friends here to help you with this.

Jim :(

BlueSquad2001 April 30th, 2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilbertman
Hi All

Just got off the phone with Mike and I have some bad news. His best friend just passed away, lets all send our thoughts and prayers his way.

Sorry to hear this Mike. You have alot of friends here to help you with this.

Jim :(

Lucky Thompson, 34 yrs old. Just passed away after an hour of trying to revive his heart. He was the best damn friend and one of the best hard core metal drummers that anyone could've met. As a professional musician in L.A. for over a decade, in my opinion, he should've made it by far.
I'm going forward, and will not let this stop me from my duty. I'm casting today and will ship tomorrow.
I wish Lucky, love and happiness on his never ending journey now, and will never forget.
http://i3.tinypic.com/wup89u.jpg

dilbertman April 30th, 2006 06:25 PM

Just so everyone knows, the above photo is of Lucky :wings: not wanting Mike to take this photo. I guess God will one HELL of a party tonight with Lucky :wings: there.

Jim :beer:

Dawg April 30th, 2006 08:27 PM

My deepest condolences to you, Mike, and my thoughts are with his family.

Too young. Far too young.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

BlueSquad2001 April 30th, 2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg
My deepest condolences to you, Mike, and my thoughts are with his family.

Too young. Far too young.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Thank You Dawg. Been a long time since I've heard from you. I'm glad you are well. :salute:

I've been working all day, even through the grief, but I've got an auction up that I wish you all to take a look at. Her it is.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Battlestar-Galac...QQcmdZViewItem

dilbertman April 30th, 2006 09:42 PM

COOL!

Looking forward to the day when I see/get my Vipers.

Keep up the great work Mike.

Jim :thumbsup:

spcglider May 1st, 2006 07:39 AM

Mike,

I know what it's like to lose dear friends quickly (and slowly for that matter). Accept the grief and know that it will pass. Not without a little pain and poignant memories, but it will pass. That's the voice of experience.

If you need to talk, you know you have plenty of symapthetic ears here on the board.

-Gordon

peter noble May 1st, 2006 09:44 AM

Michael,

I'm truly sorry about your friend.

Words aren't enough sometimes. May he rest in peace.

Peter

WarriorChemist May 1st, 2006 12:03 PM

Lucky

Lucky will be missed... It is so weird to think that he is no longer with us. It just doesn't seem possible, even though I'd noticed that his health appeared to be declining over the past year. He just didn't look good. Michael said he was afraid of losing his insurance over some kind of medical condition, and was hesitant to get treatment. His mother told he he was afraid to go to the doctor because he may not like what the doctor would say. It is all so sad... Lucky was a really fun-loving guy, sometimes a little too much fun for me but we are all different. He took care of his mother and now I worry very much about what will happen to her. She's all alone, as her husband passed away about 5 years ago.

Lucky liked to talk... and talk... and talk... People say that men don't like to talk on the phone, but this was not the case with Lucky. Michael and I would laugh about all the "what if" questions that Lucky liked to ask, or the hypothetical questions that were probably really about him. He was so funny.... His mother said he had a smile on his face when she viewed his body. I hope that was comforting to her, to help her know he is truly at peace now.

When I got home yesterday, Michael was still working and casting parts for the viper, taking a grief break every once in a while. I don't think he got a wink of sleep last night though. He's still trying to absorb what happened.

Thanks for all your support. You guys are great friends to have.

Terri

BlueSquad2001 May 1st, 2006 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcglider
Mike,

I know what it's like to lose dear friends quickly (and slowly for that matter). Accept the grief and know that it will pass. Not without a little pain and poignant memories, but it will pass. That's the voice of experience.

If you need to talk, you know you have plenty of symapthetic ears here on the board.

-Gordon

Thanks Gordon. I appreciate that. I just climbed out of bed and am getting back to casting now. I'm shipping a few today, and have not forgotten about what you wanted. You can call when you get the chance. :salute:

BlueSquad2001 May 1st, 2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter noble
Michael,

I'm truly sorry about your friend.

Words aren't enough sometimes. May he rest in peace.

Peter

Thanks Peter. You are really a good friend. I keep waiting for the call that will tell me that it was all some really bad joke and that he's okay, just pulled a prank.
Thank you again. :salute:

Aussieviper May 1st, 2006 05:57 PM

Hi Mike, have sent you an email. My deepest sympathies re your mate, I don't know what I would do without mine, he is my conscience. Chris

TwoBrainedCylon May 1st, 2006 06:55 PM

Mike,

Sympathies here as well. I tried to call. Will try again later.

Sandy

spcglider May 4th, 2006 12:31 PM

Michael,

When did you designate that other package to arrive? I don't have it yet. Got a tracking number?

I'd call you, but the phones are out here at Minnefex.

-Gordon

dilbertman May 9th, 2006 10:05 PM

Hi All

Just got off the phone with Mike. He's back amongst the living again, after a very hard week dealing with Luckys passing. He will try to start posting again tomorrow, if he's up to it.

Jim :salute:

spcglider May 10th, 2006 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilbertman
Hi All

Just got off the phone with Mike. He's back amongst the living again, after a very hard week dealing with Luckys passing. He will try to start posting again tomorrow, if he's up to it.

Jim :salute:

I talked with him too. He's been pretty cut up the last few days.

I'm going to be helping him with the last few bits of the DeViper so we can put that project to bed and he can get on with the rest of the projects he's been doing (as well as lose a little of that "Oh my ghod...its just never going to end!" karma).

I'm sure it's been a completely overwhelming time for both he AND Terri.

But hey, that's what networks are for. When one part takes a hit, the other parts step up and handle the load and make things stable. We are happy to be the Colonial Fleets Network.

Now here's a little something that I hope will not be maudlin or trite, but may help anyone who has lost someone close recently (mystical music cue here):

We are beings of energy. From the impulses that race through our synapses to the physical structure that comprises our bodies to whatever that amazing spark is that causes us to "live". The entire universe, including us, is comprised of energy.

We know that energy cannot be created nor can it be destroyed.

But for some reason, we insist on thinking about those who have recently died as "gone".

Surely, they are no longer available for us to converse with or hug or share a beer with, but just as surely according to what we know above, they cannot actually be "gone". They are still here. Part of the universe. In and around and permeating everything we know as our world.

And perhaps worlds beyond our ability to see as we are.

Make of it what you will.

-Gordon :colonial:

KJ May 11th, 2006 01:31 PM

Damn, BlueSquad2001 your stuff is just too good! :thumbsup:

:cool:

I suspect if you custom your Viper designs to the buyers personal requests per se. People can expect a highly detailed beautiful Viper in return. Heck maybe i should make a request in the future then.

But i'll like two done for me though. One DeSanto Viper and one Steve Paraday "Scarlet Viper". Although i doubt you'll do the Scarlet Viper though. Beatiful as that is too, i take it you're all DeSanto far as Colonial Viper designs go!

Anyhoo just wanted to say fantastic job you've got with these mouth watering models.

I've personally left my Revell Viper unbuilt until i can get around to getting a working "Canopy" for it or be that a canopy with a Colonial Warrior in the cockpit. Perhaps pretty soon i'll pm you and ask if i can order that as well?

Anyways well done with these designs, love seeing talented artists work relating to anything TOS Galactica based.

Laters :salute:

KJ

P.S.

Sorry to hear about your friend passing away!

I wish you well in times of grieving and hope you're going to be o.k. in the future.

Viper 04 May 15th, 2006 04:37 PM

Hi all :salute:

New pilot here....so on with the names and jokes....... :wtf:

Never knew about this killer kit or site untill I came across the MK II Viper on eBay....HOLY FRAK! I said to myself....so I followed the link to here, took a look around and it only was a matter of microns till I punched on the BUY that SUCKA now and claimed my studio size MK II! Can't wait to build her!

I'm working on the Monogram Viper with the resin landing gear and scratch built cockpit, engines and canopy....no pics yet.

Thanks for hip site Mike!

Oh and sorry for your recent loss.....The guy seemed like a frakin cool dude.

Rock On!

Troy
Seattle.

BlueSquad2001 May 18th, 2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason
Damn, BlueSquad2001 your stuff is just too good! :thumbsup:

:cool:

I suspect if you custom your Viper designs to the buyers personal requests per se. People can expect a highly detailed beautiful Viper in return. Heck maybe i should make a request in the future then.

But i'll like two done for me though. One DeSanto Viper and one Steve Paraday "Scarlet Viper". Although i doubt you'll do the Scarlet Viper though. Beatiful as that is too, i take it you're all DeSanto far as Colonial Viper designs go!

Anyhoo just wanted to say fantastic job you've got with these mouth watering models.

I've personally left my Revell Viper unbuilt until i can get around to getting a working "Canopy" for it or be that a canopy with a Colonial Warrior in the cockpit. Perhaps pretty soon i'll pm you and ask if i can order that as well?

Anyways well done with these designs, love seeing talented artists work relating to anything TOS Galactica based.

Laters :salute:

KJ

P.S.

Sorry to hear about your friend passing away!

I wish you well in times of grieving and hope you're going to be o.k. in the future.

Thank You!
Shoot me a p.m. and we'll talk Viper shop.
Hope to hear from you. :salute: