Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Studio Scale Models and other Great models on the way!! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12322)

BlueSquad2001 January 23rd, 2006 06:10 PM

:colonial: NEW UPDATE PIC!!! :colonial:

Here is a pic of the instrument panel. It is not a smooth as it will be but you all need to know what's going on with your model! :D
I actuall am having problems getting real clear images of this piece, maybe my lighting, so I'll use natural light tomorrow and see if that's better.
But here it is.
http://i1.tinypic.com/mifhn8.jpg

spcglider January 24th, 2006 07:20 AM

I dunno...looks alright to me.

Stickers, dude, I'm tellin' ya... stickers.

-G

spcglider January 24th, 2006 07:29 AM

Oh yeah, and we gotta get you working in hard materials soon too. ;)

-Gordon

BlueSquad2001 January 25th, 2006 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcglider
Oh yeah, and we gotta get you working in hard materials soon too. ;)

-Gordon

Uh???? What did you say????? :wtf:

spcglider January 25th, 2006 07:03 AM

Just a suggestion. As a model builder, I find the more angular gemetric stuff easier to build from hard materials like styrene card or prototype board instead of trying to sculpt straight lines with a soft medium at the outset.

Its all a matter of preference, of course you may find that you have no taste for that as a medium, but it's always been so much faster for me. That's why I recommend it.

-G :salute:

BlueSquad2001 January 25th, 2006 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcglider
Just a suggestion. As a model builder, I find the more angular gemetric stuff easier to build from hard materials like styrene card or prototype board instead of trying to sculpt straight lines with a soft medium at the outset.

Its all a matter of preference, of course you may find that you have no taste for that as a medium, but it's always been so much faster for me. That's why I recommend it.

-G :salute:

That's exactly the way that it started, I mean with attempting to use card stock. But, it was waaay too much measuring and cutting, and although the pic does not show, all the angles are pretty sharp and clean. Better pics soon. :salute:

spcglider January 26th, 2006 07:37 AM

Okee dokee.
Can't wait to see em!
-G

z28barry January 28th, 2006 01:22 PM

Seems like things are slowing down, is everything ok?
Please tell me you're not losing your enthusiasm.

later, Barry.

BlueSquad2001 January 28th, 2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28barry
Seems like things are slowing down, is everything ok?
Please tell me you're not losing your enthusiasm.

later, Barry.

No..NEVER!!! :D
Just finished a long conversation with Tom testerday afternoon, and upon recieveing a couple of e-mails with (other) pics, I have some very "hush hush" changes to make. But will be following up with new images and construction info early this week. Your patience will be rewarded.
Oh, by the way, viper markings will be changed to some that Tom sent yesterday.
So the ones that was seen on my begining build-up are and idea that he liked, but i believe he wants me to go with the (more in TOS type) of markings that he prefers. So, he gets what he wants!!! :D And , you'll all be getting a more accurate marked ship, compareable to the vipers his Galactica will feature.
And (his) Galactica is coming! It will be so. :salute:
Talk to you all soon. And thanks for checking on me Barry! :D

z28barry January 30th, 2006 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSquad2001
And (his) Galactica is coming! It will be so.

?????His Galactica is coming?????
Or do you just mean his vision of the viper is nearing completion

spcglider January 31st, 2006 07:36 AM

I think Michael was being promotionally positive. If and when Tom DeSanto manages to secure some sort of continuation deal, I'm sure he'll let us know post-haste. I mean, WE ARE the fan core, aren't we?

And won't that just be a GREAT COME AND GET IT day?

Note: If you don't recognize the reference, watch "Finnian's Rainbow" starring Fred (Chameleon) Astaire. Its a musical.

But Michael has entered the Long, Dark Teatime of the DeSanto Viper Project. Its nothing but a cornucopian schlogg of hard work from this point on. He's got molds to finish and alot of very "non-photogenic" processes to get through to get us our kits.

Be not afraid. He's working on it. And so, if rumors are to be believed, is Tom D.

-Gordon

spcglider February 3rd, 2006 11:53 AM

Three days and counting...

-G

dilbertman February 3rd, 2006 02:26 PM

Hey Blue Squad

How goes it? Out killing Cylons with the Vipers.

Jim

dilbertman February 5th, 2006 11:56 AM

UPDATE!

Just talked to Mike. He told me he has been MIA from the site because of a abscessed tooth. And has been on some big time pain killers and other medications. He is hoping to post some upates Monday afternoon if he can. Lets all wish Mike a speedy recovery so he can get back to making those Vipers.

Jim

dilbertman February 5th, 2006 12:09 PM

Hey Mike

Now I have the last word for now.

Jim ;)

Sept17th February 6th, 2006 06:16 AM

Yes, I hope he recovers quickly since I'm in the states for the next 10 days and he I need to have a phone conversation.

dilbertman February 6th, 2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sept17th
Yes, I hope he recovers quickly since I'm in the states for the next 10 days and he I need to have a phone conversation.

See PM.

Jim :salute:

BlueSquad2001 February 8th, 2006 02:33 PM

Okay I'm here! :salute:
And let me throw one to ALL viper lovers out there. The so called NEW SERIES Viper Mk. II is NOT the Viper Mk. II!!!! :LOL:
It is not a Mk. ANYTHING! LOL! :rotf:
The Tom DeSanto Viper that we all semm to be calling the Viper Mk.IV is ACTUALLY THE Viper Mk.II!!! :D How that to start some new controversy? I just recently have recieved the final design for the DeSanto Viper and what I can tell you is this. 1. The final renders and approved Viper Designs that was to be the Viper, I and Terri along with Tom DeSanto only have these final renders. And 2. the Viper in question is designated the Viper Mk.II ! There was never a Mk.III or Mk.IV and we don't know how that came to be? So it is OFFICIALLY The Viper Mk.II and t5here is no Mk.IV! :D FACT!
Anyway, I'm on the pilot sculpt and it's tough, but will have pics up soon.

z28barry February 8th, 2006 02:39 PM

Just happen to be sitting at the computer studying.
Long time no hear.
Hope everything is ok with you.

later, Barry.

BlueSquad2001 February 8th, 2006 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28barry
Just happen to be sitting at the computer studying.
Long time no hear.
Hope everything is ok with you.

later, Barry.

Thanks Barry!! :salute:
I'm fighting an unbelieveable infection caused by an absessed tooth. I'm on anti-biotics and H-Codone, real nice for pain :D
But am sculpting the pilot now, even though I'm kinda goofy! :rotf: