Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

Muffit March 26th, 2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antelope526
In a world with a smoking gang member daggit I guess I should expect to find kittens sniping from the upper floors.

It's always the quiet kittens that keep to themselves and bother no one that become snipers.

LOL Antelope! :D
:muffit:

holodoc2000 March 26th, 2004 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffit
LOL Holodoc! Actually, a google search renders some quite interesting results:

Health Food

Drug Addiction

And last but not least, the Mormon connection!
Mormon Mushies
(Here it is: Carson, Pamela Gillie, and Lavina Fielding Anderson. "Mormon Mushies: The Wonderful World of the Sugar-Coated." Sunstone Review, July 1982: 30-32, and "Mormon Mushies: Thrills and Spills in the Mormon Adventure Novel," ibid., August 1982: 23-24, 35).

Tres interesant!!! :D

tee hee! Muffit! :D Would brownies work for ya as far as mushies go? :D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

braxiss March 26th, 2004 06:30 PM

brownies????

special brownies??

holodoc2000 March 26th, 2004 06:33 PM

tee hee! I see I got your attention braxiss with the mention of brownies. :D

What happened to your advatar braxiss?

braxiss March 26th, 2004 06:35 PM

harddrive crashed while i was changing it. guess i never got around to putting it back.

Muffit March 26th, 2004 06:36 PM

Daggit is back in the cafe! oops, this isn't the cafe. Oh well, I'll take the thread as a memento... :)

Rowan March 26th, 2004 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffit
Hello all! G'day!!!

Hey Rowan, I have never even seen a Mensa test. I figure if I never look at one, I won't feel dumb if it looks hard! :D Who knows, I might do okay, but for most of my life, although I always scored in the upper 90's for most 'IQ" test scores, one category always messes me up - mechanical reasoning. I might get 98 across the board except this. And it's as low as 70's. You know that category, where they show you these bizarre inverted 3d objects and you've gotta unscramble them mentally.

I heard Mensa tests are mostly in that category. Poor me! There was a magazine back in the 80's which asked a single Mensa question at the back every month. Sadly I forget which mag.

Anywho, I got the thread!!! :D

What do you mean by the 90 perecentile? On regular tests I get in the 130's depending on the test. I've taken their mini test on line and it says I stand a good chance, That is why Im tempted to try. But I keep debating it 'cause it seems so egotistical or like you have low self esteem and need to prove something. I can do those spacial things without too much trouble, it's more the math that I have trouble with, and word scramble tends to be a bit of a challenge.:/: ;)

Muffit March 26th, 2004 06:38 PM

Eeks Braxiss, sorry to hear about your HD. I know I would be devastated. Even with backups, it's so very hard and takes so long to get the system working like you want.

braxiss March 26th, 2004 06:41 PM

we're in day five and i still can't find half my files,

oh well they probably arn't important anyway

Rowan March 26th, 2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antelope526
In a world with a smoking gang member daggit I guess I should expect to find kittens sniping from the upper floors.

It's always the quiet kittens that keep to themselves and bother no one that become snipers.

WHOOOO HOOOO antelope you made it!;) :D nice to see you here!;)

holodoc2000 March 26th, 2004 06:41 PM

tee hee! I'm snatching thread from ya again Muffit. :D

braxiss... do we need to get the Dark Jedi after your hard drive for being naughty?

Rowan March 26th, 2004 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braxiss
brownies????

special brownies??

:no: braxiss braxiss braxiss!;) :D
PST. I have the thread!!!;) :D

braxiss March 26th, 2004 06:43 PM

i think a visit from a sith lord just might do it some good(or totally fry it)either way it'll be fun to watch

Muffit March 26th, 2004 06:45 PM

Hi Rowan! Yeah, I meant 95-98% out of 100, not 90 points total. We used to get tons of random tests in school, besides the normal ACT and SAT. They rate you in like 7 categories, then give an overall score. My mech. reasoning always messed up my total.

I like jigsaws alot, but not those brain teaser puzzles. I also don't like video games that make you think too hard. Reading classical literature is the only time I like thinking hard, cuz it's so rewarding.

In the old days before computers, there were these elaborate strategy games, pioneered by a company called Avalon Hill. They were all the rage. And they were rated by difficulty, 1-10. I got one rated 9 once cuz I thought, "It's just a board game - how hard can it be?"

Eeks! I even gave the manual to my Mensa friend, and he threw up his hands in surrender! Too hard! :)

holodoc2000 March 26th, 2004 06:45 PM

ROFLMAO! I'm sure that the Dark Jedi could arrange that for ya braxiss. :)

braxiss March 26th, 2004 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
ROFLMAO! I'm sure that the Dark Jedi could arrange that for ya braxiss. :)

i will await her visit.

but until then i'll take the thread and a plate of your brownies

Rowan March 26th, 2004 06:48 PM

Dark Angel would be willing to help with any kind of punishment braxiss:naughty: just put your lips together and whistle;)

braxiss March 26th, 2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowan
Dark Angel would be willing to help with any kind of punishment braxiss:naughty: just put your lips together and whistle;)

none for me today, but my hard drive could use a good beating

holodoc2000 March 26th, 2004 06:51 PM

tee hee! I'm snatching thread once more. :D

*sneaks up on braxiss* You enjoying those brownies? ;)

Rowan March 26th, 2004 06:51 PM

I was refering to your HARD DRIVE;)