Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What Does My Handle Mean To You? (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12583)

Darrell Lawrence January 30th, 2006 09:34 PM

What Does My Handle Mean To You?

Many folks have PM'd me or e-mailed me or asked here on the forums just what "Warrior" applies to regarding usage as my handle.

So I'm gonna ask back- What does my handle mean to you? :D

Lara January 31st, 2006 03:29 AM

Owner of a Colonial battle jacket??? :D :D

Admirer of the kick ass boys and girls in beige?? :D :D

I didn't think there was a trick to it, but now you've made me wonder..

Cheers,
Lara

January 31st, 2006 06:05 PM

This seems like a no-brainer to me. The people who flew vipers were called warriors on the original show. This is a site focused on the original show. Your screen name is a reflection of this. So....where is the confusion?

:?:

Darrell Lawrence January 31st, 2006 06:56 PM

Ah... but the catch is, i've had the "Warrior" handle LONG before CF even existed... ;) It's always been my internet handle wherever I go (and if "Warrior" is already taken, then I just add my initials after it, as in "WarriorDL") :D

BST January 31st, 2006 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior
Many folks have PM'd me or e-mailed me or asked here on the forums just what "Warrior" applies to regarding usage as my handle.

So I'm gonna ask back- What does my handle mean to you? :D

Ready to meet life head-on. Standing up for the values which you live by.

Lara January 31st, 2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior
Ah... but the catch is, i've had the "Warrior" handle LONG before CF even existed... ;) It's always been my internet handle wherever I go (and if "Warrior" is already taken, then I just add my initials after it, as in "WarriorDL") :D

If it isn't 'just' an admiration from TOS BSG (and therefore as far back as 1978), the handle 'warrior' has implications to me of honour, duty and strength.
The fact it goes with you wherever you can take it means it is part of a code you (try to) live by.
A bit like chivalry really means a lot more than just 'being polite to women, and 'fealty' is an oath that binds both ways.

Cheers,
Lara

Jibby February 2nd, 2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara
If it isn't 'just' an admiration from TOS BSG (and therefore as far back as 1978), the handle 'warrior' has implications to me of honour, duty and strength.
The fact it goes with you wherever you can take it means it is part of a code you (try to) live by.
A bit like chivalry really means a lot more than just 'being polite to women, and 'fealty' is an oath that binds both ways.

Cheers,
Lara

I was going to comment, something similar, but Lara seems to have written my thoughts, exactly. ;)

braxiss February 4th, 2006 06:46 AM

does it have anything to do with native american heritage or folklore?

Darrell Lawrence February 4th, 2006 07:38 AM

Bingo! Yes, a lot of it has to do with Native American, since that's what I am ;)

The name of our HS football team is also Warriors.

Good guess!!!

Breea February 5th, 2006 01:19 PM

A Native American Warrior..who still to this very day fights for the rights and beliefs of those around him...

May he forever stand and lead those in the right direction.

Darrell Lawrence February 5th, 2006 01:44 PM

:D

Jibby February 6th, 2006 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breea
A Native American Warrior..who still to this very day fights for the rights and beliefs of those around him...

May he forever stand and lead those in the right direction.

So say we all... hopefully... :Nsalute: