Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Entertainment (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Maybe you can hire... The A-Team! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17347)

peter noble January 8th, 2010 09:30 AM

Maybe you can hire... The A-Team!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjzoqZHMUIA

LZaza January 8th, 2010 08:57 PM

Re: Maybe you can hire... The A-Team!

How about that . . . looks like they're actually following the original, instead of remaking it. Kind of refreshing.

Maybe I'll actually watch it.

Kronus January 8th, 2010 11:33 PM

Well it is about time someone does a remake close to the original!

Dawg January 9th, 2010 09:47 AM

Without telling her what it was, I showed the trailer to Mrs. Dawg, who was never an A-Team fan.

She recognized it right away.

Now, that is the way to do a remake.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

BST January 10th, 2010 01:18 PM

Maybe they are listening to the fans.

That trailer, right there, pretty much assured my behind being in a theater seat on or after June 11.

;)

LZaza January 10th, 2010 01:47 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around Liam Neeson as Hannibal. Might be his most challenging role . . . heh heh. :D

starbucko January 10th, 2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LZaza (Post 298459)
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around Liam Neeson as Hannibal. Might be his most challenging role . . . heh heh. :D

Agreed - he doesn't seem "Puckish" enough for Hannibal - but we shall see...

gmd3d January 11th, 2010 04:50 AM

hmm I will watch it ....

Kronus January 11th, 2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by starbucko (Post 298462)
Agreed - he doesn't seem "Puckish" enough for Hannibal - but we shall see...

This has always been my take on Liam...he is a very good actor, in my opinion, but from the many roles we have seen him in this would have to be one of the most challenging characters for him yet.

He is a great serious actor, again in my opinion, but up before I watch the trailor of the new A-Team movie I wasn't too sure he would pull it off. Seeing a "smiling" Liam was a bit new for me as in the light of Hannibal Smith...that cigar in hand and him smiling with a chuckle gave me some hope.

TwoBrainedCylon January 11th, 2010 02:49 PM

I never made it through a single episode of The A-Team when it was on TV but I'll see this (or buy the DVD) just because they didn't try to "re-imagine" it. That alone makes it worth a few bucks given the abortions we've experienced over the past couple years.

Russell

monolith21 January 11th, 2010 09:09 PM

I'll see it. I'm staying away from the hype though. I'll have enough trouble looking at it with an open mind as is. I don't need any pre conceived...well I just don't need to see anything that will make me hate its very existence!

As of now, the cast and the look of it has me wondering if it might be okay.

LZaza January 12th, 2010 12:09 AM

I actually started watching A-team after reading some of the fanfic years ago. I still recall my total shock at realizing that Dirk Benedict wasn't even in the pilot.:eek:

djwajda January 30th, 2010 08:17 AM

I'll definitely see this movie but as with the recent GI Joe I wont get my hopes up

bsg1fan1975 May 12th, 2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

I don't know but i love the idea of him playing Hannibal!

LZaza June 19th, 2010 06:11 PM

Well, I haven't seen it yet, but my brother took his kids. They loved it.

Even better, they borrowed my five seasons of original DVDs to catch up with the original. The kids were thrilled I had them! :D

Athene June 21st, 2010 07:42 PM

Its not playing yet in the movie theatre where I live. The trailer did look promising. If I can't catch it on the big screen, I'll watch it on DVD.

Ramses June 21st, 2010 09:41 PM

well watched the commercial. I thought okay I might like this. then the whole falling tank shooting scene. and that killed it for me right there. to stupid to watch.

GI joe at least had two Really hot leading ladies in slinky outfits. LOL

starbucko June 22nd, 2010 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramses (Post 301104)
well watched the commercial. I thought okay I might like this. then the whole falling tank shooting scene. and that killed it for me right there. to stupid to watch.

That fits right in with the cabbage cannon for me :D

gmd3d June 24th, 2010 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramses (Post 301104)

GI joe at least had two Really hot leading ladies in slinky outfits. LOL

yeah same scene ruined it for me. how ever possible it might be ..

LZaza June 24th, 2010 02:20 PM

Who are we kidding, these remakes likely only have a chance with those who go in free of preconceptions. In other words, not die-hard fans from the inspiration series.

I did read that Face is sensitive and committed to one woman, and couldn't help but think: :wtf:

starbucko June 24th, 2010 02:28 PM

I have to disagree with the general view here. I'm a die-hard fan of the show and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. I've seen enough trailers and photos, seen enough spoilers and interviews, and realize that while there are spots that don't fit with the original, for the most part they tried (and again, from what I've seen) succeeded in retaining the fun and flavor of the show. Now, had they gone ahead with the original plans (a group of Rambos instead of the team from the show) I would definitely have said it was too far removed to be of interest.

Consider the movie an AU fanfic. Might not like all of it - but give it a try before condemning it.

LZaza June 24th, 2010 04:16 PM

I'm not condemning it. In fact, I reported my brother and nephews loved it. Thought it was great fun. I just think it will be more popular with those who aren't looking for inconsistencies and are prepared to just accept it for pure entertainment value.

starbucko June 24th, 2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LZaza (Post 301131)
I just think it will be more popular with those who aren't looking for inconsistencies and are prepared to just accept it for pure entertainment value.

That I'd agree with! :D Actually, I think the movie will bring a new interest in the original show.

I guess I've just seen a lot of complaints about the movie versus the show from people who haven't yet seen the movie - which is a tad unfair, I think, considering the people in charge and all but one actor were fans of the original and wanted to "do right" by it, while still putting their spin on it. If one sees it and then doesn't like it, well, that's different. I mean, I can't say for sure that I like it until I see it either. :)

LZaza June 24th, 2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starbucko (Post 301132)
Actually, I think the movie will bring a new interest in the original show.

Yup! My nephew has already watched four of the five A-team seasons, since I lent him them last weekend. Don't you love it when a plan comes together!:cool:

gmd3d June 25th, 2010 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starbucko (Post 301130)
I have to disagree with the general view here. I'm a die-hard fan of the show and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. I've seen enough trailers and photos, seen enough spoilers and interviews, and realize that while there are spots that don't fit with the original, for the most part they tried (and again, from what I've seen) succeeded in retaining the fun and flavor of the show. Now, had they gone ahead with the original plans (a group of Rambos instead of the team from the show) I would definitely have said it was too far removed to be of interest.

Consider the movie an AU fanfic. Might not like all of it - but give it a try before condemning it.

I am personally not a major fan of the A-Team .. but I watched and enjoyed it growing up when it was on.. but as already said I am not condemning either,

Yet I donĀ“t really want to spend cash just to give it a try. I personally have seen enough remakes anyway to want to give it a miss en favor of new idea as I thing that Hollywood is too lazy developing newer properties.

but this is a new generation I hope they enjoy it

LZaza August 13th, 2010 09:44 PM

Finally saw it. Fast paced action flick, and I had a great time. As for those who didn't like the tank scene because it was too far fetched . . . pretty ironic comment coming from BSG fans, really.:rotf: "They're trying to fly the tank!" I thought it was hilarious.

Stayed true enough to the original for me, with slight variations. Was kind of comforting to see Morrison and Leech in the mix, and that Hannibal/Face relationship preceding the others with an additional depth to it was a nice bonus.

Neeson did a good job, and--almost surprisingly--I actually liked the new Face. Soooo much more than just a Faceman. Ooh la la. Oh, and Murdock hanging off the chopper blades was perfect.

starbucko August 14th, 2010 06:06 AM

I wish I could see it in the theater, but I just can't work around my (and the menagerie's) schedules - so I've got the DVD on pre-order from Amazon. The more I hear about it, the more I know I'm going to love it. It really sounds like they found a balance between paying homage to the original and still being in their own unique 'world'.