Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

kat March 25th, 2004 07:46 PM

and tonight there are so many willing to pick it up

~~~~~~~~~~

catch me if you can

holodoc2000 March 25th, 2004 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warhammerdriver
Where's holodoc? I wanted to demonstrate my new invention to her. It's a confetti cannon. Uses compressed air to spew confetti out at an astonishing rate.

<accidently fires confetti cannon at Rowan>

Oooops! I better take the thread and run!

tee hee! I'm here warhammer! :D What's this about a new invention ya have now for confetti?

*throws water balloons at thomas* ;)

*throws snowballs at warhammer* ;)

*POUNCES on Dawg & tickles him ALL OVER* :D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Bombadil March 25th, 2004 07:54 PM

Ah, ah, ah. Not so fast!
:no:

kat March 25th, 2004 07:55 PM

I have it now :)

Muffit March 25th, 2004 07:59 PM

Hi Sorrell!!!

Making an avatar is easy. First thing is you need to decide what you want it to be. You may find a pic on the net using GOOGLE by simply searching, then download it by right clicking the image and selecting "Save Target As...". If you want, you can later edit it a bit to be more what you want.

An avatar is just a pic (although it can also be animated - more on that later). It should be saved in .JPG format. It's okay to use a .BMP or other format as the original, but you will have to convert it to a .JPG in order to make it small enough to fit here at Colonial Fleets (I think the max size is around 5k or so - will have to check). The final dimensions need to be around 100 x 100 pixels.

Don't worry if your original pic is too big - you can easily fix that in MS Paint which comes free with your Windows OS. Just look in Programs>Accessories. You can use Paint to change the file type to JPG by simply loading your pic into Paint, then choosing Save As... and selecting JPEG as the type. If the dimensions are wrong, Paint can also fix that - go to Image>Attributes on the main menu to see how big your pic is now. Then go to Image>Stretch/Skew and enter a percentage for the horizontal and vertical you want to resize it to. Just as you would think, 200% doubles the size and 50% shrinks it in half. I use a calculator instead of guessing to resize the pic, which makes it a piece of cake. For instance, if your original pic is 160 x 100, you can change the width by figuring "targetsize/actualsize", which would be 100/160 or .625, or about 62%.

Save it as a .jpg and then click on UserCP in the upper left of the main toolbar here at CF. Then choose Edit Avatar, and upload your custom avatar.

Hope this helps!!!
Muffit
:muffit:

holodoc2000 March 25th, 2004 08:07 PM

LOL! Muffit! Giving advatar lessons I see. :) If all else fails when doing advatar... draft one of the fella's here to help ya out some. That what I ended up having to do. :D

:tosses some confetti over Muffit* :)

Muffit March 25th, 2004 10:02 PM

LOL Holodoc!

Mmmmm, confetti! Seems like a million years since I had rice thrown on me...
(Lots of other stuff's been thrown at me, but I don't think that counts :D).

Oh, and I'll take the thread for a bit, gotta stay up tonite anyway.
FINALLY got my 24 year old apps ported over to this PC, am so glad to finally get that done. It's amazing how difficult something so simple can be!

Art programs have come so far! There were NONE when I started using computers. So I used quadrille-ruled graph paper to X in the dots I wanted for the shapes, then hand converted those into binary, then from binary into hex, and finally typed them one by one into the computer. If I made a mistake... yikes!!!

Now you can just about make a feature-length cartoon right on your own PC. Imagine what the future holds!!! :D

holodoc2000 March 25th, 2004 10:53 PM

tee hee! Just doing what I can to keep things interesting here some Muffit. :) I have all sorts of things I can use from stash to keep things interesting.

*throws snowballs at tomas* ;)

*throws water balloons at semnut* ;)

*throws snowballs at warhammer* ;)

Rowan March 25th, 2004 11:04 PM

Hey Muffit are you a memeber of Mensa or where you saying your friend is?:)

GRAB!!!!:D

Muffit March 25th, 2004 11:17 PM

Not me! Menso yes, mensa never :D
(Funny, menso means dummy in Spanish!)

My friend is a life member of Mensa. He is a true genius. My family used to get me these puzzle objects (cuz I did really good in school and built 1000 piece puzzles as young as 3, according to my baby book, but jigsaws are easy), - you know the kind, like Rubik's cube except not as popular. I took one look at 'em and said, no way, I don't wanna think that hard! Didn't even try.

My friend's wife (who I just barely knew) told me once to bring them over for her hubby to try. I handed him one of the hard ones, and he seemed reluctant to try. But at our urging he said okay - about 6 seconds later he said nonchalantly, "Oh! Simple binary!" 4 seconds later he had solved it.

He thinks the Mensa tests are easy! Yikes!

kitty March 25th, 2004 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffit
Hi Sorrell!!!

Making an avatar is easy. First thing is you need to decide what you want it to be. You may find a pic on the net using GOOGLE by simply searching, then download it by right clicking the image and selecting "Save Target As...". If you want, you can later edit it a bit to be more what you want.

An avatar is just a pic (although it can also be animated - more on that later). It should be saved in .JPG format. It's okay to use a .BMP or other format as the original, but you will have to convert it to a .JPG in order to make it small enough to fit here at Colonial Fleets (I think the max size is around 5k or so - will have to check). The final dimensions need to be around 100 x 100 pixels.

Don't worry if your original pic is too big - you can easily fix that in MS Paint which comes free with your Windows OS. Just look in Programs>Accessories. You can use Paint to change the file type to JPG by simply loading your pic into Paint, then choosing Save As... and selecting JPEG as the type. If the dimensions are wrong, Paint can also fix that - go to Image>Attributes on the main menu to see how big your pic is now. Then go to Image>Stretch/Skew and enter a percentage for the horizontal and vertical you want to resize it to. Just as you would think, 200% doubles the size and 50% shrinks it in half. I use a calculator instead of guessing to resize the pic, which makes it a piece of cake. For instance, if your original pic is 160 x 100, you can change the width by figuring "targetsize/actualsize", which would be 100/160 or .625, or about 62%.

Save it as a .jpg and then click on UserCP in the upper left of the main toolbar here at CF. Then choose Edit Avatar, and upload your custom avatar.

Hope this helps!!!
Muffit

Hello.
Thankyou for your advice, I will try it later when I have more time.

holodoc2000 March 25th, 2004 11:23 PM

tee hee! I'm snatching thread once more before I sign off line for the night to get some sleep.

Muffit March 25th, 2004 11:24 PM

Are you still awake Sorrell? Oh wait, it must be around 7:00 AM for you, is that right? Oh well, I had to think up something so I could STEAL THE THREAD! :D

Rowan March 25th, 2004 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffit
Not me! Menso yes, mensa never :D
(Funny, menso means dummy in Spanish!)

My friend is a life member of Mensa. He is a true genius. My family used to get me these puzzle objects (cuz I did really good in school and built 1000 piece puzzles as young as 3, according to my baby book, but jigsaws are easy), - you know the kind, like Rubik's cube except not as popular. I took one look at 'em and said, no way, I don't wanna think that hard! Didn't even try.

My friend's wife (who I just barely knew) told me once to bring them over for her hubby to try. I handed him one of the hard ones, and he seemed reluctant to try. But at our urging he said okay - about 6 seconds later he said nonchalantly, "Oh! Simple binary!" 4 seconds later he had solved it.

He thinks the Mensa tests are easy! Yikes!

Hey Muffit ok I was just wondering ...I've been debating whether or not to give it a shot, the mensa test, but feel intimidated by the idea. I thought if you had taken the test you could tell me what you thought of it.

kitty March 25th, 2004 11:30 PM

Yes. I am back.

Good morning to you all.
You are right Muffit, Its 7:30am.

Does this mean I have got the thread.

kat March 25th, 2004 11:34 PM

it may be morning to you but its late night to me :)

now i have the thread ~~~~

Rowan March 25th, 2004 11:37 PM

kat are you in invisible mode right now? cause your not showing up except when you post:)

kat March 25th, 2004 11:38 PM

That is right I have been playing around with different settings to see how they work :duck:

Rowan March 25th, 2004 11:39 PM

ok :laugh: fun isn't it:D ;)

kat March 25th, 2004 11:41 PM

Ya it is. I am learning lots on this site and people have been really great about helping. How is your foot doing and have you sorted out the clinical course yet?