Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The last person (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741)

holodoc2000 January 30th, 2005 11:10 AM

Hiya Spike! :D Wondered when someone would show up to play with this little bear today. :)

Spike The Cylon January 30th, 2005 11:17 AM

I just woke up, so go easy on me :D

holodoc2000 January 30th, 2005 11:31 AM

tee hee! :D I'll do my best Spike. ;) Why are you getting up this late in the day?

Spike The Cylon January 30th, 2005 11:38 AM

Stayed up till 4 am watching the TOS DVD's.

holodoc2000 January 30th, 2005 11:44 AM

TOS dvd's? As in the original BSG? or as in Star Trek original series?

Spike The Cylon January 30th, 2005 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holodoc2000
TOS dvd's? As in the original BSG? or as in Star Trek original series?

BSG. The price is still way to high on the Trek DVD's.
What can I say? I'm cheap ;) lol

holodoc2000 January 30th, 2005 01:54 PM

LMAO!!! :D At least you were watching the better version of BSG. At least in my book. ;)

Spike The Cylon January 30th, 2005 02:28 PM

I'm a fan of both BSG's. TOS will always have a special place in my heart :heart:
Except for Galactica 1980 :/:

:cylon:

holodoc2000 January 30th, 2005 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike The Cylon
I'm a fan of both BSG's. TOS will always have a special place in my heart :heart:
Except for Galactica 1980 :/:

:cylon:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Just out of cureosity...what ya got against Galactica 1980?

Spike The Cylon January 30th, 2005 02:58 PM

To me, the whole point of BSG was trying to find Earth. Now, I would not have minded the post-Earth stories, if they had not focused on the kids, and added the time travel stuff. Personally, I'd have loved to see the Cylons launch a full scale attack on Earth, and the Galactica come to our aid.

holodoc2000 January 30th, 2005 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike The Cylon
To me, the whole point of BSG was trying to find Earth. Now, I would not have minded the post-Earth stories, if they had not focused on the kids, and added the time travel stuff. Personally, I'd have loved to see the Cylons launch a full scale attack on Earth, and the Galactica come to our aid.

okey dokey. :P:

What marathon ya gonna do tonight?

Spike The Cylon January 30th, 2005 03:03 PM

Not sure. Depending on what time my girlfriend gets off work, I might spend the night over at her place, and it's her pick for a movie.

holodoc2000 January 30th, 2005 03:07 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Just make sure ya don't cause trouble while ya over there. ;)

Spike The Cylon January 30th, 2005 03:12 PM

:superholy Me? Cause Trouble? Never :superholy

holodoc2000 January 30th, 2005 03:13 PM

tee hee! :D Had to harrass ya just a little there Spike. ;)

Excalibur January 30th, 2005 03:23 PM

I like the original, but the new is my favorite.

I have said this before here, I think.

When I heard they were going to be making "Star Trek: The Next Generation," I was mad. Didn't want anything to do with it, until I saw the first episode, then I was ready to let the original go. Loved the films though.

When I heard they were going to be destroying the Enterprise-D, I was upset as well. Until I saw it happen, and it was my favorite part of the movie.

Then came the Enterprise-E! :D I was so happy.

I like seeing things improve.

While BSG TOS still holds up, if you will permit me, it is somewhat dated. I love seeing the new ship, the updated Vipers, all of it.

It isn't just the overall design that has gotten better. The acting, while great in the original, don't get me wrong, is outdated too.

The audience has gotten smarter. It's harder to get us to believe. We know instantly if things don't seem real. If the acting gets to campy or cheesy, we don't believe it.

The sophistication of the viewing audience has grown, and so has the acting. Actors have had to become better, as the audience has grown wiser. Their are child actors today, who could out act adult Academy Award winners from 30 years ago.

One other thing. I realize their are those who want to find Earth. Having that as a goal is fine with me. I just hope they don't find it. At least not until later. A possible feature or something maybe.

It isn't the destination that makes a good show. It is the journey.

AND! Wouldn't you want to do away with the Cylon threat, before leading them right to the last outpost of humanity?

Please! Don't beat me up. :Nsad: I like the old series, but I am so happy with the new!

Oh! The thread is mine by the way. :D

holodoc2000 January 30th, 2005 03:27 PM

tee hee! :D I'm snatching thread from you Excalibur. :D

*tackles Excalibur & tickles him all over* :duck:

Excalibur January 30th, 2005 03:30 PM

That isn't fair! I barely had gotten hold of it, before you swooped in and took it away from me. :Nsad: ;)

holodoc2000 January 30th, 2005 03:32 PM

tee hee! :D You should know by now Excalibur that I will do what I can to harrass ya every chance I get. ;)

Excalibur January 30th, 2005 03:35 PM

Well, you are very good at it!