Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Studio Scale Models and other Great models on the way!! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12322)

Viper 04 July 27th, 2006 12:59 AM

That would have been cool!

I have been to nermous Star Trek cons....though I'm not that much of a treker like my best friend. I like the dealers room and there are always a few VERY HOT looking gals 'once in a while'

I'm sure you'll keep us updated on the missing parts saga.

Party on Garth!

BlueSquad2001 July 27th, 2006 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd. Foster
Hey Mike :)

Cool, you got to go :) That is Comic-Con 2006 right? If so, who all else did you get to meet? I hope Tom still has interest with Battlestar.

By the way Mike, did you get that last e-mail I sent? If you didn't, let me know and I'll try and e-mail you again.

JC :salute:

Yes, got the e-mails and will talk to you as soon as I come up for air.
Take care buddy.
Mike

Cmd. Foster July 27th, 2006 09:37 PM

Cool :) Glad to hear you got them. Been having so much dumb stuff happening with my phonelines and internet lately I wasn't sure if they actually made it out.

And if all goes well, I'm going to try and start posting my Galactica stuff here as well:salute:

JC

peter noble July 30th, 2006 03:18 PM

Mike and Gordon,

I take it the damn post office still haven't found the package.

Best,

Peter

BlueSquad2001 July 30th, 2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter noble
Mike and Gordon,

I take it the damn post office still haven't found the package.

Best,

Peter

You know what Peter?
I'm getting PISSED! :mad:
Gordon has decided that he's not going to do much of anything but wait on the Postal Service, and meanwhile, all of my customers and friends have to wait until they deliver the parts, even wait until Hell freezes over? :wtf:
I DON"T THINK SO! I think you are wonderful as a friend and to kind as a customer, as all are that has ordered from Terri and I, and this is not good business.
If you would call me, because I've forgotten your number I'll talk to you about it.
But I'm in the process of trying to reach Gordon and find out where he stands on this, and what he intendsto do. But, while I'm waiting to hear from Gordon, I'm moving forward and cleaning up the parts that need to be molded on Mon, and preparing to take the neccesary action to get this thing done and to all of you. Tom has given me more professional advice than I ever thought possible and I will implement all of those ideas and get you all your kits. You guys deserve a little something extra thrown in for all your waiting and we'll do just that. I'll promise that it'll be a nice gift and you'll be happy. :salute:
Call soon.
Mike

Viper 04 July 30th, 2006 05:13 PM

Thanks Mike.

Don't sweat it man.....we all know that felgercarb happens. Thanks for saying anything and letting us know whats going on. I for one think that the wait will be worth it!

BlueSquad2001 July 30th, 2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper 04
Thanks Mike.

Don't sweat it man.....we all know that felgercarb happens. Thanks for saying anything and letting us know whats going on. I for one think that the wait will be worth it!

'Operation Mindcrime'
"We're an underground revolution working overtime."

Viper 04 July 30th, 2006 06:31 PM

Far out!!

spcglider July 31st, 2006 07:27 AM

Michael, (and everyone else involved via purchase with this USPS fiasco)

Here's where I stand on this:

I have Chicago Wizard World coming up this weekend. I'm going to be out of town and out of communication range until next Wednesday.

If the parts haven't shown up by the time I return, I will remold and recast them from Michael's salvaged first castings.

Then we can finally drive a postally insured stake through the heart of this karma sucking vampire be-atch and move on.

Michael, sorry I didn't get back to you last night. Had my hands more than full until after midnight.

-G

BlueSquad2001 July 31st, 2006 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcglider
Michael, (and everyone else involved via purchase with this USPS fiasco)

Here's where I stand on this:

I have Chicago Wizard World coming up this weekend. I'm going to be out of town and out of communication range until next Wednesday.

If the parts haven't shown up by the time I return, I will remold and recast them from Michael's salvaged first castings.

Then we can finally drive a postally insured stake through the heart of this karma sucking vampire be-atch and move on.

Michael, sorry I didn't get back to you last night. Had my hands more than full until after midnight.

-G

That is well over a week, and way too long to continue to hold. I'm sorry, that's just the way it has to be. The parts have got to be molded and no more waiting. I can't ask anyone to do that any longer, and certainly not another week. If I can't have your cooperation then I need to find someone else to finish this thing. It has to be done, I'm ready to move forward. :cool:

spcglider July 31st, 2006 11:37 AM

Well, if that's your decision, then that's the way it is.

I just drove across town on my lunch break to check with the post office again, but now I can stop harassing them. After talking with the head honcho at the post office, he told me that after filing the 1510 form, it could take up to six months to see any results. Big help there.

This has turned into one expensive kit for me. Not that it isn't for you too, but it sure is disappointing to have it all go down like this. I end up looking like a schmuck for trying to help.

Well, if you're going to have someone else do the work, be sure to pick somebody who knows to insure a parcel.

-G

peter noble July 31st, 2006 12:13 PM

A little story.

On June 22, 2005, I made a Paypal payment for a studio scale Cylon Raider, fully-painted and built-up.

On May 18, 2006, I made the final Paypal payment for my now completed Raider.

That's a long time to wait, but the seller kept me informed along the way and the damn thing looks pretty cool.

On the other hand I ordered Galactica shuttle from SMT and as we all know that deal never was completed and though I got my money back the whole thing was a debacle of some magnitude.

So far, I haven't had to wait as long for the Tom DeSanto kit and I'm not unduly worried because I've spoken to Michael on the phone and the project's been hit by sod's law in a major way. Sometimes felgercarb happens!

I think Michael will have a learnt a lot on completion of the kit, both the positives and negatives about such an undertaking. I'm sure everything will be taken onboard for projects two, three etc.

I know we'll all have a unique kick-ass kit at the end of the day, I guess some things are worth the wait. Mind you, I'd rather be watching season four of Tom DeSanto's BSG (Sorry Mike!). ;)

In the mean time, may I suggest that if we, the customers, have anything to say on this subject we communicate through PM, email or the phone, and when Michael's got together the remaining parts he can show the members the finished deal for everyone's enjoyment.

All the best, and long live the original Battlestar Galactica!

Peter

P.S. It would seem the post office in the US is just as inept as the one in the UK! :rolleyes:

BlueSquad2001 July 31st, 2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcglider
Well, if that's your decision, then that's the way it is.

I just drove across town on my lunch break to check with the post office again, but now I can stop harassing them. After talking with the head honcho at the post office, he told me that after filing the 1510 form, it could take up to six months to see any results. Big help there.

This has turned into one expensive kit for me. Not that it isn't for you too, but it sure is disappointing to have it all go down like this. I end up looking like a schmuck for trying to help.

Well, if you're going to have someone else do the work, be sure to pick somebody who knows to insure a parcel.

-G

Hi Gordon,

No hard feelings... Terri and I appreciate all that you have done to help. You did a lot of work and I think everyone recognizes that. We did attempt to compensate you for your trouble by sending you a --------- kit, from my personal collection. As these kits become more and more scarce, their value goes up. I also agreed to assist you with sculpting a -------- head for you. This was not a freebie deal for either one of us. Terri and I looked at it as two people simply helping each other out. You did some beautiful casting with the parts, and made a zip code mistake that anyone could have made. You are not the only person who has ever sent a package uninsured. We've done it many times and have never had a package get lost. This is all very unfortunate, but thankfully everyone who has ordered has been very understanding and more than kind about all the things that have gone wrong. It's just that Terri and I are getting a little nervous that everyone's patience will run out soon. We'd also like to get all this stuff out of the house so the living room can be a living room again instead of a warehouse full of viper parts and shipping materials! Terri is getting kind of annoyed about the mess! LOL! Not only that, but I have a pile of new projects on my list of things to do, and I need to get this completed so I can have the time and the workspace to move forward. I think that we both need to keep after the post office to deliver the package. It has to be somewhere, and it seems that a box should be easier to locate than an envelope. But the worst thing that could have happened is that it was delivered to a person's house, and they simply discarded it because it was nothing they wanted to keep.

We are not sure how long it will take to find somebody else to make these parts. It is possible that by the time we find somebody, you will have returned from your trip. If that is the case, we hope that you will still go ahead and make the parts so that you and everyone else can receive their kits.
Mike and Terri
BlueSquad2001 and WarriorChemist :salute: :colonial:

BlueSquad2001 July 31st, 2006 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=peter noble]A little story.

On June 22, 2005, I made a Paypal payment for a studio scale Cylon Raider, fully-painted and built-up.

On May 18, 2006, I made the final Paypal payment for my now completed Raider.

That's a long time to wait, but the seller kept me informed along the way and the damn thing looks pretty cool.

On the other hand I ordered Galactica shuttle from SMT and as we all know that deal never was completed and though I got my money back the whole thing was a debacle of some magnitude.

So far, I haven't had to wait as long for the Tom DeSanto kit and I'm not unduly worried because I've spoken to Michael on the phone and the project's been hit by sod's law in a major way. Sometimes felgercarb happens!

I think Michael will have a learnt a lot on completion of the kit, both the positives and negatives about such an undertaking. I'm sure everything will be taken onboard for projects two, three etc.

I know we'll all have a unique kick-ass kit at the end of the day, I guess some things are worth the wait. Mind you, I'd rather be watching season four of Tom DeSanto's BSG (Sorry Mike!). ;)

In the mean time, may I suggest that if we, the customers, have anything to say on this subject we communicate through PM, email or the phone, and when Michael's got together the remaining parts he can show the members the finished deal for everyone's enjoyment.

All the best, and long live the original Battlestar Galactica!

Peter

P.S. It would seem the post office in the US is just as inept as the one in the UK! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]Thank You Peter....and all of you from the bottom of our hearts! :salute:
We never thought such hold-up and situations would arise, and we are more positively prepared for the next project and understand more now than ever!
Mike and Terri

spcglider July 31st, 2006 02:04 PM

M,

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the kit and that you're going to be doing that head sculpt.

And know full well that it is not you that I am upset with. Its more being upset with myself, first for breaking my own rules and then doing something stupid that came back to bite me in the afterburners.

I know its a tense and frustrating situation for all of us.

Soldier on. :salute:

-G

cobywan July 31st, 2006 08:27 PM

Mike,

My offer still stands to help. I am dealing with a long delay for a big Star Wars kit and know what it feels like to be on hold. If I can help just let me know. Work is dead now so I have the time.

Viper 04 July 31st, 2006 09:04 PM

Hey Mike,

If Coby is offereing his help GO FOR IT! he's kinda good at that stuff....in fact he's plain silly with it!

BlueSquad2001 July 31st, 2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobywan
Mike,

My offer still stands to help. I am dealing with a long delay for a big Star Wars kit and know what it feels like to be on hold. If I can help just let me know. Work is dead now so I have the time.

:colonial: :salute: :colonial:
Hey Coby!
I'm so glad to hear that, and to find that I have a new ally willing to put their past in their behind, or something like that! :beer: :D I'd be glad if you could drop me a number to reach you at, and discuss all the details and talk shop for a bit just to iron out the past. I wish nothing but the best concerning working together. :salute:
Drop me a line, I also sent you a p.m. to your RPF box.
Let's talk.
BlueSquad2001 a.k.a. Michael Miles

starmanmm August 4th, 2006 05:19 AM

I have been talking to Mike as to the status of this kit and he has been kind enough to not only point me to this site but has also been answering my questions.

Being a first year cadet here, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents. :salute:

BlueSquad2001 August 5th, 2006 03:13 PM

Announcement!

I am prepping the cannons and canopy casting to send to Cobywan on Mon.
I'm sure that alot of you are familiar with his modeling skills and this is going to be great. He has stepped up to help and this means a all will be getting their kits quicker than the post office can act.
Here we go again! :D